Blue mtns 29/10

Long time reader, first report.

Gear used, light spin gear, hardbody lures.

Tough day up the mtns with 50km/h wind gusts. Started off at the Portland Millpond trying to tempt one of the brown's recently stocked from Winburndale. No action there so moved on to a reliable spot on Fish River. Only managed 1 bow around 35cm there, surprising given how well this stretch is fishing atm. Hit up McKanes Falls on the Coxs on the way home and landed 2 bows, 20-30cm in around 30mins, just before sunset.

River flows are perfect at the moment.

All fish released.

Although slow, it was nonetheless a nice day out with the sun shining and beautiful scenery.

20221029_183834.jpg

20221029_163255.jpg

Edited by R E G I C Y C L E
  • Like 14

Welcome to posting on the site REGICYCLE. You appear to have good knowledge of the locations and species sought, so no doubt you will be posting many more reports down the track. Considering the impact of this unusual year of rain, ANY result is a good one. Looking forward to reading your future posts mate. Cheers, bn

2 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

Thanks all!

@big Neil the last few rainy years has helped some western rivers recover from the drought, but the recent flood events have definitely been damaging!

Too true mate. I just went to Wagga Wagga and the Murrumbidgee River is about 10 kms wide and rising. Usually about 25 mtrs. Black water is going to be (potentially) a BIG problem and could kill masses of fish. Such a shame when the early rise in the rivers was very optimistic for a good breeding season for Murray Cod. Time will tell. bn

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Too true mate. I just went to Wagga Wagga and the Murrumbidgee River is about 10 kms wide and rising. Usually about 25 mtrs. Black water is going to be (potentially) a BIG problem and could kill masses of fish. Such a shame when the early rise in the rivers was very optimistic for a good breeding season for Murray Cod. Time will tell. bn

Yep, a colleague was down that way this week and showed me photos of the bidgee at Gundagai... insane 😥

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...