Berowra

Hugh

So I hit Berowra today hoping for better weather than yesterday, and a few Flatties and Jew.  

The weather was great (per the forecast) for the first hour or so then turned sour with a gusty wind taking the shine off.  

I managed to get a few good Flatties early (4x bn 42 - 58cm), so after that it was catch and release.  In saying that, if I got a legal Jew I would have kept it - but no such luck. 

The big one was on a hardbody on the flats, then 2 on my magic Aliexpress paddle tail (the Jew setup), the last coming on the trusty 2.5” grub   

Hopefully tomorrow is better weather again, and I get something royal.  

2A224DAD-EA1E-4D38-91CA-216BADBB92D2.jpeg

• Like 15

13 hours ago, Bluebenbomb said:

Well done on the bag of flatties. A pity that the jew evaded you, but that's inspiration to get out next time! Which aliexpress lure where you using?

They call it the Noeby Tactical Minnow, in 10cm or 11.5 is best.   It tends to minimise the smaller Flatties, but is a lollipop for the big ones - I use it for the Jews mostly though.  

3C12F906-411A-48B7-AB1F-561EEEB9B4DD.png

Edited by Hugh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hugh said:

They call it the Noeby Tactical Minnow, in 10cm or 11.5 is best.   It tends to minimise the smaller Flatties, but is a lollipop for the big ones - I use it for the Jews mostly though.  

3C12F906-411A-48B7-AB1F-561EEEB9B4DD.png

Time to buy some more tackle! Hopefully the shipping fees aren't that expensive.

22 minutes ago, Bluebenbomb said:

Time to buy some more tackle! Hopefully the shipping fees aren't that expensive.

5 in a pack, they are awesome value compared to the brand names and I think they perform better, the go to normally being the Keitech Swing Impact, but they cost a bomb

Edited by Hugh