Finally, on the water.

Restyle

The stars have aligned, with a break in my schedule as a jobs coming to a end and some good weather instead of that windy rainy crap, so, I thought I’d pull the trusty kayak out of its shed and take it out on the George’s to peel off some rust and try my luck for some Jew.

Already running late, I went ahead and packed the car in record speed and also did a quick check on my electronics and sounder to find it all working. Wow. Unbelievable, then I opened the front hatch and see one of the wires terminals had popped of so on went a new one. Was also missing a ratchet strap, couldn’t find it amongst all the tools and crap on my back seat so I improvised. I didn’t even clean the leaves which mysteriously appeared inside the kayak, they are all up king George’s road now.

got anchor and lines out with 45 minutes before the turn, a hour late so not to ideal but I’m on the water, wow felt great sitting in the kayak again with 2 rods out and 2 squid for bait I caught the night before.

the first fish appeared right on the turn which was a flathead. Took a couple attempts on the bait but ended up gulping it down. Quite odd to see a flatty out this late but it’s a fish. Spent a good minute unhooking her and having left my pliers at home down, I threw 3 fingers down the fishes gob on Taking the 2nd hook out and of course as always with flathead as I’m releasing it goes crazy and spikes the crap out of me. Atleast I got my bait back. 

the 2nd fish I caught was reeling in my anchor as I caught nothing else. There were plenty of bites but mostly from bream biting the heads of the squid. Weather was great, the wind was nothing and the rain held off till I got home and cleaned the kayak as a random shower appeared. Hope to go out again tomorrow at what looks to also be a lunar eclipse. 

2A167C92-5168-4C14-A3E3-9E903E90814E.jpeg

• Like 13

Dusting out those cobwebs mate

nice flatty! Hate it when they do that, even worse when the hook pins you during the head shakes lol. 

At least the weather’s looking good for the rest of the week - best of luck!

Edited by Larkin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

A great feeling to be able to get out on the water again, doing what you love. Hopefully, things will improve and you may yet be able to have some normality back in your life. Let's hope so.

bn

a great feeling is a understatment, its bloody unreal! should be plenty more trips on the books now!

3 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good job with the flattie, good to hear you've caught some squid. Might have to give it a go now.

yeah, finally. caught them at cronulla ferry wharf 

2 hours ago, Larkin said:

Dusting out those cobwebs mate

nice flatty! Hate it when they do that, even worse when the hook pins you during the head shakes lol. 

At least the weather’s looking good for the rest of the week - best of luck!

cobwebs and a nice layer of rust haha. I hate it more when a fish is hooked on the bottom hook and the top hook is swinging around with the thrashing and flapping fish on the deck of the kayak near my "area" 

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

No reports for a while, so I thought you had given it away. 🤣

Something for your effort.

spent quite abit on that kayak, id be insane to give it away!, i thought about getting rid of the other one i got as its barely used though.

• Like 2