Bermagui trip

frankS

Hi guys. Just got back from 4 days down at Bermagui on the south coast.

Didn't wet a line in fact didn't get the rods out of the car. Wind wind and more wind so not worth even setting up the rods to try.

It did visit the new ramp on the river and must say I am impressed

1718509606_Berminewramp1.thumb.JPG.ba412948f4bc5c73a7a5e3a504938dbb.JPG

The new cleaning tables

1520370429_berminewramp2.thumb.JPG.4b46150c0926307a785afaf9c0e6c421.JPG

I have to say the old ramp in the harbour does need some attention but still a decent ramp to use but you need to be careful you don't twist an ankle.

1572467146_bermioldramp1.thumb.JPG.47d0c4d8953db744122fdff014ef7880.JPG

2090400475_bermioldramp3.thumb.JPG.4b9ae0ba085c38f4840bac97f49f5832.JPG

Left the boat down there in the hope that my mate can sell the boat to a passing motorist.

Frank

• Like 8

Hi Frank.
Well it’s always good to catch up with a friend. 
Yup. Wind wind and wind 🤮 seems everywhere at moment.
Nice ramp. 
Best of luck with the boat sale. With Christmas traffic it’s in the right place for sure. 
cheers Zoran

Did you go and see if you could rescue a mountaineer that’s fallen down one of those crevasse’s in that ramp?Another case of money spent in the wrong places by the usual idiot gang.Glad you got out there mate and at least caught up with your friend for a few days.Fingers crossed boat sells.

Ahh man, if you wait at the big pier at night sometimes the tuna boats will come in! That how i got a free albacore last school holidays :mfr_lol: anyways at the pier the fishing is very good, tons of yakkas st night, tailor and trevs.

• Haha 1

Its still blowing its bum off down here. Also selling boats is tough, was up to 41 enquiries yesterday and still not one looker!!!! Also have my 4x4 for sale which has had around the same amount of enquires, not one has asked basic things such as rego. Questions such as what colour is it are a common one, obviously the pictures of a white 4x4 aren't enough!!!!  Heaps of time wasters out there.

• Sad 2

On 11/21/2022 at 1:48 PM, zmk1962 said:

Hi Frank.
Well it’s always good to catch up with a friend. 
Yup. Wind wind and wind 🤮 seems everywhere at moment.
Nice ramp. 
Best of luck with the boat sale. With Christmas traffic it’s in the right place for sure. 
cheers Zoran

Zoran. My mate down there I have known since I was 15 years old, I was his best man at his wedding, we used to fish together as teenagers and still fish together now.

He keeps telling me he is the better fisherman, I just let him dream on.

Not holding my breath about selling the boat but at least Val is happy that is somewhere other than here.

Frank

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Shame about the wind Frank, it really is killing off a lot of fishing activity at the moment. Hope you enjoyed yourself down there all the same.

The wind is driving me crazy like so many others.

Stll had a good time catching up with mates.

Frank

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, Fab1 said:

Did you go and see if you could rescue a mountaineer that’s fallen down one of those crevasse’s in that ramp?Another case of money spent in the wrong places by the usual idiot gang.Glad you got out there mate and at least caught up with your friend for a few days.Fingers crossed boat sells.

Fab1 The cracks are getting bigger every time I go down there.

Frank

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, Rebel said:

Top ramp.

Send the guys up here to fix our ramps.

Cheers.

I think most Sydney ramps are in OK condition. Don't know about the CCoast ramps been a while since I used any of them.

Frank

On 11/21/2022 at 4:54 PM, AlbertW said:

Ahh man, if you wait at the big pier at night sometimes the tuna boats will come in! That how i got a free albacore last school holidays :mfr_lol: anyways at the pier the fishing is very good, tons of yakkas st night, tailor and trevs.

I had a moored boat in the harbour for many years and sometimes caught good fish from the boat in it's mooring.

Frank

On 11/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, JonD said:

Its still blowing its bum off down here. Also selling boats is tough, was up to 41 enquiries yesterday and still not one looker!!!! Also have my 4x4 for sale which has had around the same amount of enquires, not one has asked basic things such as rego. Questions such as what colour is it are a common one, obviously the pictures of a white 4x4 aren't enough!!!!  Heaps of time wasters out there.

Jon the boat in question is an OLD Brooker tinnie and a bit rough around the edges.

Still a very good old boat with everything a fisho would want in a 14 foot tinnie. It's only going to take one looker that needs this style of boat as it has all the bells and whistles plus full registration on boat and trailer.

Frank

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 2:50 PM, Pickles said:

Pity about the wind Frank - I’ve called off more trips that I’ve been on lately too - got to improve soon. Still a lovely part of the world to enjoy.

I was going to take the boat out and give it a go but my mate who is a 30 year local said it would be a waste of time and effort so I just placed the boat in the paddock near the front fence and left it there with a 4 sale sign.

Frank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonD said:

Frank, have a look on Bermagui bate and tackle Facebook today, see the good sized kings milling about in the river shallows.

Jon. Don't go on Facebook, those kingies sound like the cruisers that are not at all interested in anything you offer them, over many years I have learnt just to leave them alone.

Frank

• Like 1