Fisherman’s curse

Fab1

Pulled boat out garage to get ready to go and steal @yowies fish.

I put muffs on,starts first kick,Look at tell tale…nothing.Ok, wire up telltale…nothing, get rid of muffs and stick my water drum under leg,try again….still no water out of telltale.

Remove thermostate to find it had opened and is bone dry.(Closes and opens when I tested it).

pull leg off and test brand new/unused impeller I recently put on(working pumping water). Out comes compressor and blow air up pick up tube and air comes out of thermostat housing passage.Blow air in telltale the same thing I feel air.

Basically blow air everywhere from bellow and above seems all clear.

I DONT WANT TO REMOVE THE HEAD BECAUSE I KNOW WHATS WAITING THERE.

Boats are a pain I blame Yowie.😂Your fish are safe tomorrow mate.😂😂

ps. I’m open to suggestions hint hint @zmk1962and @noelm.

Cheers.

21046001-A946-4873-90B7-24DA01BFA4D6.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noelm said:

Could be just an air lock, I have seen it before, try it deeper in water, (if possible) or take it to a local ramp to test, the water pump was tested after replacement I assume?

Yes it was tested mate and tested again now.All good I had a blockage that’s been cleared now.Let’s hope I don’t get blown to Brazil tomorrow as it will be a long walk back when I run out of fuel lugging all Yowies fish!!!😂😂

Cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This may be relevant....

I recently did a full water pump replacement (Yam 60HP 2 stroke).  With everything reassembled it took a while for water to pee out.

First time out with the new pump, while under way at idling speed while I pulled in a lure I had the temp warning buzzer sound.  Shut down the motor to let it cool for a few minutes, and no further issues for the rest of the day (at trolling speed mostly).

BUT, I was concerned as I had never had a temperature warning before,  so I replaced the impeller with a genuine Yamaha one.  It seemed to me that the genuine impeller pulled water faster than the generic and peed a stronger stream.  This may be cognitive bias (you see what you expect to see), but I will stick to genuine Yam impellers from now on.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

I am sick of this wind, damn westerlies in November, if it's not flooding rain, it's blowing a gale, glad it's all working now.

yeah august & October are reserved for westerly's! November is gearing up for summer with the nor easters!.

fab, you may even see yowie on the water tomorrow so ready the sinkers and a good throwing arm

1 hour ago, noelm said:

I am sick of this wind, damn westerlies in November, if it's not flooding rain, it's blowing a gale, glad it's all working now.

Cheers mate.Give me the wind over floods any day.Besides when I don’t catch anything I’ll blame the wind.😂😂Mainly going out to spend some quality time with my boy mate and test motor height.

23 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I’m obviously late to the party - been out pulling weeds from my tomato patch - in the damn westerlies - just stopped for a cold one. 
All the best Fab. Thanks Noel. 
cheers Zoran

I know the feeling mate I grow all sorts of plants and veggies.I woke up at 12 and went straight out to check my boat and since cleaned my pool,mowed lawns,pruned roses,watered and on it went.To make it even better I’m running on 4hrs sleep since 6am yesterday morning(worked last night).It’s like I work at work.work at home and the merry go round goes round and round.😂😂

Will let you know how the hydrofoil goes as I know you love them😂😂

Xmas coming up I may even buy you one for that nice new shiny 300hp yam on the back of yours.

18 minutes ago, JustJames said:

This may be relevant....

I recently did a full water pump replacement (Yam 60HP 2 stroke).  With everything reassembled it took a while for water to pee out.

First time out with the new pump, while under way at idling speed while I pulled in a lure I had the temp warning buzzer sound.  Shut down the motor to let it cool for a few minutes, and no further issues for the rest of the day (at trolling speed mostly).

BUT, I was concerned as I had never had a temperature warning before,  so I replaced the impeller with a genuine Yamaha one.  It seemed to me that the genuine impeller pulled water faster than the generic and peed a stronger stream.  This may be cognitive bias (you see what you expect to see), but I will stick to genuine Yam impellers from now on.

I knew I had a blockage as last time out when flushing mine at home in driveway the telltale had stopped working and the overheat alarm came on.

I pulled the leg and fitted a brand new impeller(Tested it off the boat), put leg back on and called it a day knowing next time(Today) I have my boat out of garage I need to check for blockages in telltale,pick ups and pick up tube etc.

I buy after market impellers from eBay and have never had issues.I’ve measured a new genuine impeller and the aftermarket one with verniers and a  micrometer just to see if there’s any difference.They both have the same dimensions and feel as supple as each other.

These are the ones I get if you’re ever stuck.

Glad to hear you got yours sorted.

2F0903D1-8A4E-47DF-9E5F-4230A9D34F29.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Restyle said:

yeah august & October are reserved for westerly's! November is gearing up for summer with the nor easters!.

fab, you may even see yowie on the water tomorrow so ready the sinkers and a good throwing arm

Borrowed Rambo’s explosive bow & arrow for him mate.All this catching all the fish has to end.😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Xmas coming up I may even buy you one for that nice new shiny 300hp yam on the back of yours.

If I ever want a shelf ornament I’ll let you know… but for now save your pennies. 
devOcean may have a big derrière but she’s sprightly: less than 3sec holeshot and current top 82kmh. 
cheers Zoran 

30 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

If I ever want a shelf ornament I’ll let you know… but for now save your pennies. 
devOcean may have a big derrière but she’s sprightly: less than 3sec holeshot and current top 82kmh. 
cheers Zoran 

Easily get 1sec holeshot and 90kmh with fun mate.😜

4 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Borrowed Rambo’s explosive bow & arrow for him mate.All this catching all the fish has to end.😂

I think I will be O.K.  I heard someone say you "could not run out of sight on a dark night", so no arrows will find me.

Yes, I think I will go fishing on Thursday in a spot called a "Fab free zone." :fisher:

16 minutes ago, Yowie said:

I think I will be O.K.  I heard someone say you "could not run out of sight on a dark night", so no arrows will find me.

Yes, I think I will go fishing on Thursday in a spot called a "Fab free zone." :fisher:

You’ll be out and back home to vacuum the house for the mrs before I even get there if I even go there tomorrow.Might go south for a change of scenery on the drive.

• Like 1