Middle harbour 29/11

Crabstar

Hello!

Launched from Tunks park approx 5am this morning. Plan was to target kings.

Slow goings this morning with the yakkas, grabbed 8 of them and took us 2hrs, absolute hard work, headed over to the old shacks to see if we could grab a couple squid which equates to 0.

The wind picked up early around 730am early then it should so we decided to down rigg all the way up the guys of middle harbour to which also equated to 0 kings…

I think that’s my last trip to middle harbour for the year, the tolls kill me from Campbelltown and back not to mention the diesel towing…

Back to Cronulla Monday :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crabstar said:

Hello!

Launched from Tunks park approx 5am this morning. Plan was to target kings.

Slow goings this morning with the yakkas, grabbed 8 of them and took us 2hrs, absolute hard work, headed over to the old shacks to see if we could grab a couple squid which equates to 0.

The wind picked up early around 730am early then it should so we decided to down rigg all the way up the guys of middle harbour to which also equated to 0 kings…

I think that’s my last trip to middle harbour for the year, the tolls kill me from Campbelltown and back not to mention the diesel towing…

Back to Cronulla Monday :)

Yep,it’s a decent hike for us Macarthians to see water.The bigger the boat and car the bigger the wallet to store the $$$$ to get out for a fish.As for tolls you can’t avoid them?I don’t go to harbour so I don’t know but I work in Artarmon and I avoid them all.

At least you had a crack mate I’m use to catching bugger all.

32 minutes ago, Crabstar said:

the tolls kill me from Campbelltown and back not

Yup ... on some days its fishing not catching for sure ... at least you got out and had a go (I was about to say "crack" ... but @Fab1 has that patented and TradeMarked).

Re tolls ... have you registered for LTRVTR (Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate) with either NSW Transport or you Toll tag provider... you get charged as a vehicle vs a commercial truck and get rebates for max 24 trips a quarter.

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 1

Keep trying @Crabstar, they are out there, the Yakkas have been very tough of late. Be careful at “the shacks” as it’s illegal to squid from Grotto point to North Head and all in Nth Harbour except around fairlight - see map. Fisheries will no longer give a warning and it is $500 fine.

9941EC57-7429-45B7-BC5E-AAFBF6794247.jpeg

• Thanks 1