Fishing in the parra

Aussie_fisher

School holidays have just started, so I decided to go to Ermington bay boat ramp in the parra for a fish as I live fairly close to there. Wanted to go to the harbour to chase kings but I’ll leave that as a trip for the weekend. Never fished on that particular wharf before though I fish very frequently in the parra. Used a simple rod and reel with 12 pound braid and 8 pound leader. Goal was to chase flatties and bream. Unfortunately didn’t hook up to any flatties, but caught 2 rat bream measuring at 19 and 23cm and 1 half-decent bream measuring at 27cm on prawn and chicken. It was delicious 😂. Just joking, would never eat something from this up in the parra. Overall it was not a terrible day, but wasn’t that great either. Have any of you fished recently in the parra? Cheers

• Like 8

Had a mate who ate a mud crab he caught at wharf rod boat ramp- he ate it and now he glows in the dark ! Just kidding! He is fine and so am I - we have all eaten fish from the parra and had  done so for many years .

17 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

I do wonder how long it will be before the Paramatta de-toxifies?

A Millennium or two .

• Like 2

@Bluebenbombye it’s great to see. A 47cm flattie is pretty good in a 30 min sesh. As an amateur fisher who’s only 15 I don’t know much about how fish kills work, but I’m not sure if the kill was due to natural causes or pollution. According to the authorities it was natural causes but I’m not too sure bout it. In terms of eating people have been eating from the parra long before the guidelines were placed, so I don’t think it actually really does anything. But just to be safe I prefer not to take my catch home if it’s above gladesville bridge, especially if it’s near Rhodes and homebush bay . Cheers

• Like 1