South West rocks.

slothparade

Been up at South West rocks over the last few days, been extremely quiet. 1 pearl perch and 1 marawong Thursday and 14 little tailor on a sugar pen on Wednesday, was quite fun with the sugar pen watching then jump for it. 

Also had a large silver fish, guessing tailor trailing my lure before taking off, guessing it was the dolphins that popped up pretty close that scared it off. Barely anything on the wall, offshore is extremely quiet. The crabs aren't moving at all, only getting eels in the pots. Been quite disappointing on the fishing side though with the rain, there's some nice mud pits for the car. 

• Like 8

Great to get feedback @slothparade - Thanks for sharing - I’m heading up there for a week in February so hope things pickup before then. Were you land based only? Drifting along the wall is usually very productive for flathead, bream no Moses bream and often a Jewie. A really great spot to spend time and the best gelato ice cream in Australia.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Great to get feedback @slothparade - Thanks for sharing - I’m heading up there for a week in February so hope things pickup before then. Were you land based only? Drifting along the wall is usually very productive for flathead, bream no Moses bream and often a Jewie. A really great spot to spend time and the best gelato ice cream in Australia.

Yep, tried the rocks, throwing lures, fresh baits ect. Also went on a charter but litterally got nothing, the deckhand said it's been like this all year. They barely get any Jewies, no kings, mainly pearls and snapper. 

Yeah been land based as the currents are absolutely pumping and it's litterally impossible to get baits to hold bottom. 

Tried again this afternoon but nothing again, using slimies. Have seen small schools of baby bream but not bitting. Happy to provide more info over the next few days 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pickles said:

Let me know when you're up there Bob, we might be able come up for a day trip

7 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

7 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

Be great Dave. I’m heading up on the 4th - 11th and staying at Arakoon - I’ll pm you.