Disappointing Day :-(

The Rev

Hi Fellow Raiders,

After a busy Christmas period working I finally have some time off this week, so with the warm water from the north hitting Sydney yesterday I was keen to get out and see if there were any dollies out at the FADS.

Got on the live bait grounds at 6am - Tick

Filled the live well with small and medium sized yakkas - Tick

Headed out to the FADS at 6:30am - Tick

Got to where my sounder said that they should be and NOTHING but warm blue water!

Does anyone know where the DY FAD and the Wave Rider Buoy from the Manly Hydraulics Lab are?  I checked the website for both and no joy 😞

Went in to Long Reef and spot locked and burleyed up for Kings. Not much joy there either.

2 small Rat Kings (50cm) and a sleepy shark.

Some keepers were caught (approx 75cm), but not many.

Unfortunately there were 3 spear fishing boats where I was fishing. I know that they are able to go where they were but it doesn’t;t make for great fishing having them swimming around 25 meters away.

Ended up fishing for flathead off DEE Why and caught 2 keepers and many throw backs. So at least a small feed 🙂 

In regard to conditions it was perfect and the water was blue and was  24.1C at Long Reef and 24.3C out in the 100m areas

Out again tomorrow so will see how it goes.

Blessings,

The Rev

• Like 10

Great report Bruce - the Kingies have been very spasmodic of late in my experience, hot to bite and good size one day, then just not there the next. As you noted the warm water should “flip the switch” very soon.