Bate Bay

Scooter0069

Took my son Dylan and his mate fishing last weekend head down to the ramp at Gunnamatta bay early Sunday morning about 6 am to fine no parking as a few cars had taken spots reserved for trailers so we headed off for Kurnell to launch the boat westerly wind was expected to drop off later on in the day so I decided to head around to Bate Bay to have some drifts for a fed of flathead.We fished with soft plastics, After starting our first drift using the sea anchor to slow the drift each of the boys hooked into a couple of nice fish both got very excited about the start to the day just as l got the lines back in the water I noticed maritime head towards us.As they came boat side announcing it was a safety check we all had life jackets on so that was checked off the list as the gentleman rattled off the rest of safety list for fishing off shore v blanket, torch, horn, 2 litres of water for each person, flares, just read the expiry date out to me he asked as I looked for the date I found that they had just expired last month he informed me that I could be looking at a $250 fine but he would let me off as they had just expired but I would have to return to the river to fish after inform him I had launched at Kurnell he told me to go straight back to Botany Bay to fish.We got back to the Bay and had a few drifts for a couple of flounders boys had a great day and I was happy not to get a fine so fishraiders check them expiry date on our flares.

02DE5F07-B3B1-44E1-BE6B-3786184E6775.jpeg

• Like 9

Good stuff, nice job with the flounder.

Maratime I have found to be quite lenient with small things like your flares and fire extinguishers being not the right pressure. But if you are nice and don’t have anything major wrong then you should be fine. That’s not saying don’t replace your old stuff.

• Like 1