Damn Tailor...part 2

noelm

Those Tailor are back, right in close...again,  NE wind, straight in my face, at gale force (almost) anyway, the tide is a bit high, but, there's a Little Rock to stand on, once you wade across a bit of a channel/gutter, easy I say to myself, step into knee deep water, stand on a rock, it rolls over and I'm tits up in the water! it's easy wading now......get to the rock, Tailor still there this time, all excited, I get ready to cast into the wind, give it a real good "heave" , the bail arm flipped back over, and the lure disappeared into space, damn, no extra lure, soaking wet, wind whistling around my (cold) face, like a lost dog, I wander back home, all dejected....failed again, damn Tailor, it's too cold and windy to go back now (7PM) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

I was torn between a "sad" reaction and a "haha" reaction 😆

GO with your heart 🤣 all the way ....  we've all been there done that  - in the heat of the moment when the fish are ON ! .... blame the fish ... never the over enthusiastic fisherman.

• Like 1

I have been "chasing" these Tailor schools for over a week now, so far, it's Tailor ahead by a mile! I usually have no problem with them, but this lot are tricky.....anyway, I will be away for a couple of weeks, so they can feed in peace!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, noelm said:

OH yeah, it went way out past the school, never to be seen again!

Years ago at Nambucca, middle of the day, with the missus at the entrance, having a swim, a tailor school erupts out a bit in the channel.

Looking at them, still splashing, run back to the car in the van park, pull out the beach rod, attach the alvey, ganged hooks, add a pillie, run back and the tailor are still there.

Lob out the pillie, land on a f*** shallow rock, snag up, cannot unhook then snap off, no spare hooks/bait, and the tailor p*ss off. :074:

Then the missus says, what was that all about?  :1taz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

Years ago at Nambucca, middle of the day, with the missus at the entrance, having a swim, a tailor school erupts out a bit in the channel.

Looking at them, still splashing, run back to the car in the van park, pull out the beach rod, attach the alvey, ganged hooks, add a pillie, run back and the tailor are still there.

Lob out the pillie, land on a f*** shallow rock, snag up, cannot unhook then snap off, no spare hooks/bait, and the tailor p*ss off. :074:

Then the missus says, what was that all about?  :1taz:

I know exactly how you feel......

• Like 1

My son came over for an early coffee (and to get bacon and eggs cooked for him....) and saw a few fish splashing, he is giving it a go today, southerly wind this morning, so at his back, very high tide, was going to try my luck with Bream on bread, but I am now the breakfast cook! not a great photo, but......

A1ADC5D4-CD8A-4974-BFDD-6B0CE1718E9A.jpeg

7680B494-1BC8-4F4C-8112-DC504ACA5930.jpeg

Edited by noelm
  • Like 3

Just added a picture of the baitfish school, there are several like this all over the bay, the Tailor and Bonito give them a hard time every afternoon about 5PM, no idea how they know what time it is, but they have been there every day for ages now.

52 minutes ago, noelm said:

Just added a picture of the baitfish school, there are several like this all over the bay, the Tailor and Bonito give them a hard time every afternoon about 5PM, no idea how they know what time it is, but they have been there every day for ages now.

fish o'clock.

• Like 1

False alarm this morning, only Bonito, Frigates and big Slimies, he got a few of each, tossed them all back except the Frigates, they will be Snapper bait! They are feeding on very small almost clear fish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noelm said:

I remember seeing something like this off the rocks at Culburra when I was a kid, so started chucking lures around the disturbance. When they popped their heads up, the scuba divers didn’t look too impressed LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Obsessed Fisherman said:

Can I join you for one session?

I will be away for 2 weeks, but, if you want to try, get to Barrack Point  around 4PM, just out from the entrance of Little Lake and wait for them to show up, there is a few there now, a couple of young local guys are getting a few when the school comes in close.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Same baitfish in Port Hacking, attracting big numbers of salmon.

Yep, millions of them around, Slimies, Bonito and Tailor are giving them a workover, and some Frigates today, but no Salmon so far.