Patonga / flint and Steele report 18/2/

XD351

G’day raiders , today I went for a fish in my usual haunt ( patonga/ lion island Flint and steel area ) , I was using Hawkesbury prawns and herring I get from a local supplier . Hit the water just as the sky was beginning to light up - 5.30 am or so and headed out to my usual drifting ground between patonga and lion island . I had about two hours of run in tide to deal with then the lull of high tide before I could fish my favoured run out tide. There was a very light puff of wind from the NE which didn’t help the drift as it sort of pushed the boat out from the shore and not along it as I like . This spot only produced a few small flatties around 33cm , a pile  of shovel nose sharks , a couple of flounder and a couple of small tailor  - all released .

Moved over to the southern shore and drifted from flint and steel towards Barrenjoey , caught a couple of just legal flatties along with one around 40cm and a pan sized snapper - great that’s dinner sorted ! 
Then moved to the middle ground and drifted towards flint and steel - only  small Mulloway there so now I was getting desperate so I tried the current line that forms at the mouth  of Cowan creek on a run out tide . Got three bream , two just over legal and one at a guess 33cm , a few small flathead and Mulloway and a small hairtail up until low tide then it went quiet . Not a super day but I got  a feed and a day out on the water - can’t complain about that ! Sorry didn’t bother to take photos - nothing special caught so didn’t bother . Has a skulk around the cleaning table and the only fish I saw were average size bream , a few flatties around 40-45cm and a couple of Bonnie’s being cleaned . One strange thing is the cleaning table was immaculately clean - probably the first time in my life I have ever seen such a clean table !

Edited by XD351
  • Like 8

• XD351 changed the title to Patonga / flint and Steele report 18/2/
On 2/18/2023 at 7:08 PM, zmk1962 said:

I think @XD351 is having finger trouble ... either that or he is still stuck at the boat ramp behind the jet skis and associated entourage ...

Cheers Z

Bloody jet skis - I hate all of them ! Took near on 15 min for some tool to put his boat on the trailer before I could get mine on ( if I take more than 2 min I get upset with myself!) I then drive up the ramp at Brooklyn and turn left only to find some tool with a jet ski has blocked the road and got out of his car to go and talk to one of his mates 🤬 seriously there must be some part of the PWC licence test that ascertains whether the applicant has an IQ lower than three before they issue a licence 😂

• Haha 1

Not as hot as when I got home to western Sydney 🥵

There was a NE breeze blowing which kept it bearable. Get in behind a headland and out of the wind it was pretty hot !

First time wearing a solar tube and gloves - thought it would  make me hotter but it was quite the opposite ! 8hrs in the sun with zero sunburn and I don’t feel so tired - I used to only wear sunscreen,a hat , sunglasses and long sleeves /trackies but the sun still drains me , this time same clothes and sunscreen etc .a solar tube and gloves keep me cooler and I don’t feel like I have been sitting under a griller all day .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 7:20 PM, XD351 said:

I then drive up the ramp at Brooklyn and turn left only to find some tool with a jet ski has blocked the road and got out of his car to go and talk to one of his  mates 🤬 seriously there must be some part of the PWC licence test that ascertains whether the applicant has an IQ lower than three before they issue a licence 😂

Zero I.Q. for some of them.

At least you were into the fish, and a few for the plate.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:20 PM, XD351 said:

Bloody jet skis - I hate all of them ! Took near on 15 min for some tool to put his boat on the trailer before I could get mine on ( if I take more than 2 min I get upset with myself!) I then drive up the ramp at Brooklyn and turn left only to find some tool with a jet ski has blocked the road and got out of his car to go and talk to one of his mates 🤬 seriously there must be some part of the PWC licence test that ascertains whether the applicant has an IQ lower than three before they issue a licence 😂

The tool shed is full🤓