Six Maps

bluefin

5 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Sixmaps.nsw.gov.au is webbased.

Be aware the photograph overlay is quite old (I call it OldMaps) however has very good detail.

Drove over the Hastings the other day it's looking good

Thanks Hoods, that will be my home territory in a few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike from DECKEE said:

Hey @bluefin! What do you find most useful about Six Maps? DECKEE is the endorsed app of Transport for NSW, so it would be great to hear more perspectives about Six Maps and see if we can incorporate some of that value into DECKEE for angler and boaters. Cheers!

It has quite good defined boundaries with national parks, state forests and public land, you can also easily flick between topographical and sat maps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike from DECKEE said:

Hey @bluefin! What do you find most useful about Six Maps? DECKEE is the endorsed app of Transport for NSW, so it would be great to hear more perspectives about Six Maps and see if we can incorporate some of that value into DECKEE for angler and boaters. Cheers!

I only found it today and signed in to Deckee also Its an old map but seems cleaner than Goggle. I even commented about a useless boat ramp. no parking all fenced off as farmland.

Haven't really had them side by side.    The little creeks at the back of the sandflats I enjoying fishing. Different style to the fast flowing main river. 

47 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Yes mate, got a place down Emerald Downs ...... now for a boat.

We could arrange a catch-up when I next visit the area, in late April, at this stage. I hope to catch up with Dirvin and Hoods. Hope to have a shot at some Mangrove Jacks.

bn

• Like 3

@Mike from DECKEE One of the things I like about it is that some of the satellite imagery is stunningly clear, particularly for underwater structure in lower Sydney harbour. For instance it is possible to clearly see sow and pigs reef and the drop off at Clontarf. Not sure why it is so different to other maps, though I’m sure you will have insight into why.