A few landbased squiddlies

jenno64

Headed down to the local at 6am to prospect for some squid. No boat out today as we have a family do for lunch. Very quiet until sun up and a few came on board, enough for a nice dinner this week!. Lost a couple along the way too. Counted about 20-30 boats heading outside in the hour. Great conditions and very pleasant hour's fishing at 22 degrees!

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Hope you get some whiting off the beach Dave!

Fresh pippies and not a whiting to be seen, and I walked a long way along the beach, throwing in here and there. 3 hours for 2 x 15cm salmon. The others did no better than that. :1taz:

26 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Fresh pippies and not a whiting to be seen, and I walked a long way along the beach, throwing in here and there. 3 hours for 2 x 15cm salmon. The others did no better than that. :1taz:

Sometimes it’s hard to get instant results when you are out of your local! It speaks a lot for the local knowledge we have in our own neck of the woods!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Excellent result - I always have a problem with catching squid … a real dilemma… bait or lunch? … bait or lunch? … bait or lunch? 
cheers Zoran 

Inside every squid is a kingie just dying to get out 😂

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Larkin said:

A beautiful sunrise and a handful of squid. Great way to spend the morning! 

it’s nice to not to have to clean the boat too.

Yep, short and sweet session, no launch, no cleaning no dramas!

13 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Excellent result - I always have a problem with catching squid … a real dilemma… bait or lunch? … bait or lunch? … bait or lunch? 
cheers Zoran 

You are right….I got one the morning before and cleaned it up ready for strip baits.  Only when Igor a few the next day did I decide they were going on the plate🤡

12 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good stuff, there are a few squid around at the moment. 

I have had no luck with the green-eyes though.

Well done

I haven’t had too much luck until the last week or so……it still comes down to time on the water!

• Like 1