Close but so far away

Fab1

@Yowiei was going to go fishing this morning but decided it’s a bit to hot for my fragile little body to be exposed to.

So I decided to sit here topping up the pool for a day of laziness singing hear @Yowie’s little fishy,fishy,fishies.

My hat goes off to anyone out in a sardine can in this heat.Don’t know how you guys do it.

I’ll put on a bbq later and pretend I’m eating whiting while chowing down on some Beef and chorizo.

082A2D26-2EC0-4FA7-ACA6-80F989E7EF89.thumb.jpeg.5e4bc917c58f9e6061d0c4a1bd518b49.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Had the family over for Monday night dinner, everyone was in the pool (except me, I can't get my ear wet for a few days) fresh caught Lake Prawns (Swan Lake) Salad and fresh bread rolls, gentle sea breeze keeping us cool, temp got to about 31 here on the coast......anyone jealous yet??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Is that a leg of ham near the pool ?

How rude.I’m going to be traumatised for life with that comment.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Very jealous @Fab1 I always wanted a pool :( 

Nothing stops you getting one.We have great memories over the last 20 yrs we put ours in.

7 minutes ago, noelm said:

Had the family over for Monday night dinner, everyone was in the pool (except me, I can't get my ear wet for a few days) fresh caught Lake Prawns (Swan Lake) Salad and fresh bread rolls, gentle sea breeze keeping us cool, temp got to about 31 here on the coast......anyone jealous yet??

No,I made a pork roast in between floating around thinking I need to get out to feed the fish.You can keep your prawns and rabbit food.😂😂7BB38D3E-E351-4BEF-A574-DD3060537054.thumb.jpeg.24ff7ef996a5173b1d29ab6b3f955ebb.jpeg

I have to keep my exquisite figure some how.

• Like 1

Haha, next Monday night is meat night, only 9 of us last night, easy going, no cooking, little clean up (that's my job) and dig all the grandkids pool toys out of the pool, goggles, hair ties, flippers, floats, squirt guns, hang up a dozen beach towels.....you name it.....

7D0E27DD-E800-413F-8503-3C5F87136A5C.jpeg

Edited by noelm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, noelm said:

Haha, next Monday night is meat night, only 9 of us last night, easy going, no cooking, little clean up (that's my job) and dig all the grandkids pool toys out of the pool, goggles, hair ties, flippers, floats, squirt guns, hang up a dozen beach towels.....you name it.....

7D0E27DD-E800-413F-8503-3C5F87136A5C.jpeg

Those are memories being made everyone will remember.Good stuff mate.These days it’s usually just me in the pool and the mrs sometimes.It’s so peaceful being able to float around without distractions.

• Like 1

We get to do that most school days! All our grandkids are at school now, from year 12 down to the twins (in that photo) who started this year. I love have them around, I yell at them for jumping in the pool, then bomb them when they are not looking!

• Haha 2

Well Fab, I am miles away at Pambula. Only problem with the far south coast is the wind, then again, I can just fall into the surf for a swim.

Fishing has been quiet, but that will change.   I will be thinking of you, NOT.  😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Hows the lake looking after Christmas. Have the Bream and fish been better?

Seems like the drama/disease has cured itself, fish are OK and the lake is open to fishing again. I know/heard of a couple of drag netters getting in the region of 200kg in one night! During the dark, scoopers were filling 20l buckets in a couple of hours, big Prawns too. Even useless Prawners like me got plenty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Seems like the drama/disease has cured itself, fish are OK and the lake is open to fishing again. I know/heard of a couple of drag netters getting in the region of 200kg in one night! During the dark, scoopers were filling 20l buckets in a couple of hours, big Prawns too. Even useless Prawners like me got plenty.

I will have to get down soon and have a go. Maybe this weeknd