Dollies disappointment..... Again!

Went to Sydney north Fads to duplicate what 3 Amigos did last Friday!! damn I should've gone last Friday!!!

Loaded up on yakkas in no time and headed to the Fads with us being the 3rd boat there!

One of them was hooked on to a small dolly on a surface lure but that was it! No other fish to be seen with us throwing pillie pieces, live yakkas near the Fad to entice them but Zilch!

On to plan B... Flatties ... This time they were a disappointment too.. only a handful before the Wind picked up...

On our way in towards the heads, we came across a massive school of big yakkas , there were so many of them.thatbthe water turned yellow from their colour but no pelagics were chasing them.

We caught a few for bait for next time and went in to encounter a Tailor frenzy off Lion island and hooked a few legal ones. Called it a day...

But... A day out on the water is better than staying home!

IMG20230310184746.jpg

• Like 13

You had a go YF79, that's the main thing ... coz one of these days they will be there. Not all of my trips have been like the fiesta day that's for sure.... enjoy the catch you have.

BTW,  @Basil D got them at Botany FAD early this morning. 

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962

2 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

You had a go YF79, that's the main thing ... coz one of these days they will be there. Not all of my trips have been like the fiesta day that's for sure.... enjoy the catch you have.

BTW,  @Basil D got them at Botany FAD early this morning. 

Cheers Zoran

Thanks Zoran, it's just that the dollies and I are out of sync, the day we get in sync, yellowfin will be loaded up!

• Like 1