Bad start.....good finish - Little Manly

dlvbw

Headed to Little Manly with MD last Sunday. Decided to use Little Manly which can be OK though at times a little busy (and few trailer parks). Have launched here plenty of times but avoid retrieving at low tide as it is basically soft sand and my tow wagon doesn't have the grunt to pull it all out. Thought was low tide launch should be fine. It wasn't.

Boat came off fine but the trailer and the car were stuck in the soft sand....my worst nightmare....amateur hour at the ramp.......

Had to take the trailer off and it took 4 of us to drag it up the beach. Then spent an hour and a half getting the car out.  Got it out finally with the help of rocks, branches etc..... only one other group came to launch and they were super helpful and understanding. Not sure if they were Raiders but massive THANKS.

With the tide still hours away from coming in we had to fishing. Changed plans to target bonnies and flatties. 

Trolled lures along south head with regular double hook ups and one triple. Plenty of dollies and big slimies. Good fun and lots of action.

Once at Bondi we changed it up and headed out to target flatties. Took a few drifts to find the good ones but eventually did. Slightly deeper than usual. Also got a donkey carrot (gurnard) that was 51cm. 

Headed in after a bruising day but at least with a nice eski of table fish. 

Little Manly is now only a mid to high tide option until I can get a better badder tow wagon. 

Cheers

SmartSelect_20230402_140244_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230402_140322_Gallery.jpg

• Like 15

Nice work on the fish Dunk. Those butterfly gurnard are beautiful eating, but don’t get spiked - extremely painful.

Bummer about the launch (been there done that, but took me closer to 3 hours, 2 4WD paired up, tyres down to 15lb and track pads plus 5 blokes helping - - know exactly how it feels - a good workout). 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice catch after a morning of drama.

I’ve had my key not start the car while on the ramp - dead remote battery
Now I leave the car running while I launch, lol.

That too would be up there in the "worst nightmare" category!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dlvbw said:

That too would be up there in the "worst nightmare" category!

Yeah it was - rang/woke the wife to bring the spare remote - but after 40mins stuck there the battery regained a bit of juice to turn in the ignition. It was a weekday in winter and luckily no one wanted to use the ramp.

14 hours ago, Larkin said:

Yeah it was - rang/woke the wife to bring the spare remote - but after 40mins stuck there the battery regained a bit of juice to turn in the ignition. It was a weekday in winter and luckily no one wanted to use the ramp.

How good is weekday winter fishing!!!!!!! Let me know when we are getting out there! 🙂

• Like 1