Tide vs time of day

faker

Time of day, tide for me only influences where I Fish and what I Fish for, fish don't starve if the tides low, high or running in or out! I have a Whiting spot right near my house, it's bone dry at low tide, so, regardless of the time of day, if it's not high tide, you cant fish there. There really is no yes/no answer.

Edited by noelm
  • Like 1

Just to add.....I Fish for Bream off the rocks in a very "tourist" area, I use bread for bait and burley and only fish it at high tide when it occurs right on daylight or dark, any other time, your just getting snagged and catching Toads! The Whiting spot I mentioned has scattered rocks on a sand flat, it's dry at low tide, but, there is lots of crabs and stuff under the rocks, I pump Nippers in almost the same spot at low tide, then fish there at high tide, sometimes in amongst people swimming! Flathead will be in different places according to the tide, but they don't vanish, they are still around, just in different locations.

For me it is tide as I drift for flathead mostly and prefer a run out tide , I do still catch fish on the run in but usually not as many and if the tide isn’t running I usually catch rays . Off the beach it is mostly time as I like to be there just before dawn before the swimmers turn up and tide just determines where I fish .

Depends on what species I'm after, though for the most part I prefer to fish the run in and run out high tide. 

When I take fishing trips though, I'll fish the run in run out, whatever time and then fish the night time to. I found that at night no matter the tide the fish seem to be a bit more active and in closer. I also do tend to do a lot of shark fishing, where I don't look at the tides, look more at time as late afternoon to night they're more active and will be in the shallows chasing rays and stuff. 

For estuary, I position myself where the fish will be moving around. For my local berowrra, I have a spot where the fish come in, hang around on the high and run back out through that particular spot and pick up a bit of food on the way out. Have a good amount of success, but that's tide dependent. Went back on a low and only saw the occasion mullet jumping, instead of bream and flatties. 

When you fish a location enough you learn how the fish there operate. But as a general rule tide over time.