Big swell

noelm

Here is a screenshot of Deewhy beach , not a chance of fishing there or any of the rock platforms - unfortunately no people walking the beach to give something to gauge the real size of the surf but if the die hard surfers are avoiding it you can bet it is pretty crook out there !

IMG_0073.thumb.png.e067255e42662ebb14a555920ce0ed04.png

Some of the sets are really big, might stir up some fish, if I feel frisky I might go for a fish in the sheltered bay in front of my place, Blackfish come in there when the sea is big, but then......it's damn cold and windy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Some of the sets are really big, might stir up some fish, if I feel frisky I might go for a fish in the sheltered bay in front of my place, Blackfish come in there when the sea is big, but then......it's damn cold and windy.

I went out last night with extra layers but that wind had it feeling below freezing, while my body was warm enough, my hands became ice blocks pretty quickly. I only lasted an hour before it was just too much. 

@Burger that’s a great photo. 

• Like 5

Little Bay Beach is good and protected and almost fishable in any wind other than a straight easterly.

Always get bream from the beach when it's a big swell outside and blackfish in the "rockpool" on the southern side.

Jim

Edited by JimT
  • Like 1

Read a couple of news website articles that had the swell at Wedding Cake Island at 6m . . .. . and some bloke, well a Brazillian World Champ, was out there on a bodyboard and caught a couple of waves! 😲

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:30 PM, Burger said:

Read a couple of news website articles that had the swell at Wedding Cake Island at 6m . . .. . and some bloke, well a Brazillian World Champ, was out there on a bodyboard and caught a couple of waves! 😲

He was actually bodysurfing. Went out in a wettie & it was somehow hindering him so he went back out in budgies. Brave man.

• Like 2