18 Hour Harbour Bash

gio

Hey all,

after several unsuccesful and uncomfortable fishing trips with last saturday being the most recent, where murphys law dictated our afternoons fishing trip with everything from from broken eskys to 50m of tournament line and an expensive lure lost to a submerged anchor in a trolling incident around clontarf, to nearly getting tipped from the wash of larger boats almost running over us, to getting back to the boat ramp where everyone had eskys full of fish and we had nothing, and finding out that your mob phone got more saltwater than it liked :05: . By wednesday impulse had got the better of my cousin (who also happens to be my ticket out on the water), and by the afternoon he had done the deal on a 4.65m stacer aluminium updating the old 4m fibre glass. After a few hiccups due to the dealer not having the boat ready to take home, after 3 hours of waiting it was ready, so we got home packed the rods and headed for rose bay boat ramp. Since the weather kicked up we decided not to stay for too long :1badmood:. We headed out to the wedding cakes and before long we were into some fish ended up at 4 or 5 different fishing spots with the best fish taken on the western side of the harbour bridge. At 2am friday morning we decided to call it quits and head back to the ramp when we got there it was packed with people stocking up on livies, we took the boat out of the water and thought wed give it a try. Everyone was catching shitloads except us its eems they were only biting on mince and red meat and we had everything else but. When everyone else left and gave us whatever was left of their bait we managed 4 yakkas but they were pathetically small. Went back to the wedding cakes for only 1 more flatty and a few just undersize snapper. Overall we ended up with 4 flat head keepers, biggest going at 42cm , 2 bream biggest going at 39cm, 2 mackeral (got cut for bait) heeps of undersized snapper with the largest going at a frustrating 28cm, 29cm :ranting2: wel aso got some sort of a shark (stingray head shark body) an octopus, stingray and a sea urchin :wacko: . It wasnt the best result but seeing as the past 5 trips out on the harbour have been shithouse atleast we took someting for the table and the boat got well and truly put through its paces.

cheers

Guest fishrunner

Sounds like you're pretty resiliant to the "other" side of fishin, you'll be due for a huge session soon, :biggrin2:

cheers n tight lines

I hope so because im getting pretty sick of the "other side of fishing", but ive spent too much time and money to give up now. I'm determined to break my king virginity this summer, hopefully it will happen soon