Port Hacking

Headed out yesterday morning early to lilli pilli in the hope of a few fish for Sunday dinner. Fished in the dark for a bit which was freezing but when there was a bit of light the fishing turned on. Plenty of snapper just under legal and got broken off again by something good. A nice school of trevally came through and I could see them eating my baits (salted pilchard) only 1-2m under the boat. Ended up using the whole big bag of pillies, that's how thick the fish were. Kept 5 for a feed but caught plenty more legal ones. Off the water at 8:30 to escape the rain, only a short session and the fish weren't massive (31-35cm) but a nice feed from it. Managed to clean the boat and chuck the cover on and then the rain started, lucky. Ceviche for dinner last night and enough for the neighbours and more tonight. 

Cheers, Isaac

Trevs.thumb.jpg.bd4065107573ddbf51c65afbc6a78221.jpg

Edited by Isaac Ct
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Would have been exciting having a school of them to hand, they fight pretty well for their size. Mission accomplished and you avoided the rain too. Life's sweet/

bn

Thanks Neil, was a nice day.

Nice bag of trevs. The smaller ones are better eating than the old buggers. Worth the time out there.

Plenty of reddies about, but legals are hard to find lately.

12 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice bag of trevs. The smaller ones are better eating than the old buggers. Worth the time out there.

Plenty of reddies about, but legals are hard to find lately.

Thanks Yowie, I have fished one spot at Lilli Pilli a few times and it has produced every time. The reddies while they haven't been legal, I haven't really got any under 25cm.

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Isaac!!

Thanks mate.

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice catch mate!

trevs are always good fun to catch - and don’t you love it when the fish are ‘on’

Thanks Larkin, definitely fun in schools.

6 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Good one Isaac. Sight fishing is always good fun when you get the opportunity.

Thanks Pete, is the basin slowing down now?

3 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Thanks Pete, is the basin slowing down now?

I can’t really say mate as I haven’t been out for the last couple of weeks, but going by the lack of reports and gossip, it seems to be.

10 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Wow that must have been a great experience to have a whole school near your boat.  :1yikes:

9 hours ago, kantong said:

great bag mate, fresh trev is delish!

Thanks, it was.

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Top haul.

Great photo.

Well done.

Thank you.

• Like 1