Long Overdue. Botany bay trip Saturday 6/5

Opportunities have been hard to find so it was very nice to spend some time on the water on Saturday. 

Dad and I were on the water before six and loaded up on bait without much fuss.  We set off towards the Sydney East FAD.  The wind outside the heads was stronger than predicted but we pushed on.  

There was 5 or 6 boats on arrival for our first drift.  Dad was on in a flash and landed the first fish off the day a decent Mahi  just under 70cm.  I thought this might be a productive day, soon after I missed one and that was it they were gone. A persisting for quite a few drifts and the wind blowing its backside off we made the slow, wet trip back inside the bay.

We anchored up, got the burley trail going and caught a steady stream of 25-30cm Reddies and  Trevally.  We kept a  Trevally and Bonito that dad caught. On the live bait I caught a rat King that was good fun.  The conditions inside the bay were very nice. 

Sorry no pics from this trip. 

• Like 11

Always great to get out with family. I'm sure your Dad would appreciate a bit of time, just the two of you. Must be really windy everywhere...it would blow the dog off its chain at present. bn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Always great to get out with family. I'm sure your Dad would appreciate a bit of time, just the two of you. Must be really windy everywhere...it would blow the dog off its chain at present. bn

It sure is good spending time together. 

20 minutes ago, Larkin said:

A solid dolly and good day out! 👍
Fads won’t be out there for too much longer.

I only saw one FAD so i guess the other went missing and wasn’t replaced. 

Good to see you out and about. Only 1 dolly but that is a couple of nice fillets.

The bigger reddies have gone quiet in the estuaries at present, however, the trevs should be coming on the bite.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, Yowie said:

Good to see you out and about. Only 1 dolly but that is a couple of nice fillets.

The bigger reddies have gone quiet in the estuaries at present, however, the trevs should be coming on the bite.

It was nice to have a feed of freshly caught fish for a change.