Jani's zander season opening

JaniFIN

Zander season is open. I had plan go by boat, but gas tank coupling was broken.

So i drive to pier, with redfinn gears, but zander softplastics. Couple of cast on heavy wind, and fish on, huge, about 10kg Pike. Short fight and line broken by teeth...baga.

About 30min fishing, lost 8 zander, redfinn rod was too soft for strike hook trough the upper jaw, it is so hard.

I change shorter leader and harder hook. First cast and fish on, short fight and season first zander landing 57cm.

Then i need go one meeting, but return pier later with Veikka. With zander gears this time  and ofcource, zander reel was  broken. But i had my cheap spare pike gears, 3 cast and zander again 57cm was landing on pier, Veikka use net. 15min later i catc 2 more, just legal size, but i releace them. Soon hooked and landet 49cm zander. Then wind end fast and not even bite after that.

Anyway nice start.

20230516_193531.jpg

IMG-20230516-WA0001.jpg

20230516_210936.jpg

• Like 17

Well done Jani. Good to hear from you again as you head into your Northern Summer. Sounds like you need to check all your fishing gear out before heading out fishing again. We will look forward to reading your reports as we freeze here in our Winter. Cheers, bn

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

We will look forward to reading your reports as we freeze here in our Winter.

I think Jani might have a bit of a chuckle at THAT one BN!!!! 

I just googled the Winter temps for Uimaharju . . . bugger me THAT's a cold place!   🤣 😬 🥶

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Great to see this post @JaniFIN

I particularly love your pic with the original fishraider hat !!!!!! 

My biggest fear is not, that i lose my boat (or my other kidney). I can be without them, but i was in shock, because first i didnt find that orginal fishraider hat after winter 😱. I have 2 spare hat, but not similar. Luckily I found the original, even though I had to empty the half room first 🤣

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 9:18 AM, Burger said:

I think Jani might have a bit of a chuckle at THAT one BN!!!! 

I just googled the Winter temps for Uimaharju . . . bugger me THAT's a cold place!   🤣 😬 🥶

Yeh, I wouldn't last 5 minutes there Burger. bn

• Like 1