pie warmer

Bloggsy

Looking at installing a pie warmer/oven to my boat I already have one of the plastic plug in food warmers but want to upgarde to a bigger unit. There appears to be a few on the market and some very similar looking. From previous experience an anyone suggest the best one to purchase?

My travel buddy draws 10amps

but if the battery isnt getting charged by alternator or solar. Current draw drops. Takes a while to preheat oven and hours to cook a meat pie.

iv given up on the idea of using it on my boat. It stays in the fourby.

my experience with travel buddy. There are plenty out there that may be different 

2AAF70A5-5081-4668-AA8D-BF1551229E1D.jpeg

0385FCF0-9E6C-47D1-B79B-4DE39D11D577.jpeg

Edited by xerotao
Added pictures
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, xerotao said:

My travel buddy draws 10amps

but if the battery isnt getting charged by alternator or solar. Current draw drops. Takes a while to preheat oven and hours to cook a meat pie.

iv given up on the idea of using it on my boat. It stays in the fourby.

my experience with travel buddy. There are plenty out there that may be different 

2AAF70A5-5081-4668-AA8D-BF1551229E1D.jpeg

0385FCF0-9E6C-47D1-B79B-4DE39D11D577.jpeg

Had the same experience, was about 30 mins to heat up the pie 

I have a Big Bertha in the ute. Awesome little oven, pies, chicken wings, small roasts, etc.

Has two elements which can be operated together or one at a time. Using both draws 20amps, each one draws 10amps. Pre heat for around 20mins, defrosted pies take around 40 mins, nice crispy pastry.

One of the best investments on the boat have a kick ass brand . Has been faultless takes a while  to get to temp but worth the wait turn on when you arrive at the ramp heats up while cruising .Nothing beats hot food while fishing can cook anything a normal oven can.

Now I too was looking at putting an oven in my boat.

It's effectively a cuddy cabin, which is fine by me, I get a big fishing deck, BUT, it does get a bit bumpy up front, in the short sharp stuff,, How do the ovens stand up to a bit of pounding ???.

I definitely have the room in the cuddy to install one, but was worried how they stood up to punishment..

31 minutes ago, BaitDropper said:

Now I too was looking at putting an oven in my boat.

It's effectively a cuddy cabin, which is fine by me, I get a big fishing deck, BUT, it does get a bit bumpy up front, in the short sharp stuff,, How do the ovens stand up to a bit of pounding ???.

I definitely have the room in the cuddy to install one, but was worried how they stood up to punishment..

As long as it is secured down, it will be fine. They survive our 4x4s fine the kick ass brand ones are definitely robust, the travel mate is very durable as well, kings for the price was great. Just make sure it doesn't come loose or gets smashed by anything. Overall though they're pretty robust. I don't know how they're going to stand up to salt though 

• Like 1

Depends on where it is going to be mounted. Make sure to make a cage for it. The oven gets pretty hot to touch

wouldnt want to accidently touch it or have electrical wires touching it. You would be in for a bad time

• Like 1

Durability is very good mine sits on the cabin bunks in a purpose built aluminium tray not secured, been fine, make sure you place pies etc in a tray as the pounding of the boat will cause pies to collapse through the racks salt spray water has not affected mine too much just clean after use just don’t forget the sauce.  Don’t forget about the food or it will burn. Nothing better than the smell of cooking pies wafting through the boat 

Ive been on several boats with them, they all seem very slow which is ok if you put the pies in early. 10amps isn't much if the engine is running but I would be careful if running when the engine isn't running.