Quick Sydney Report - Sunday 26th May

dlvbw

Just a quick report from a session last Sunday, Headed out with @fish-aholic early doors. It was cold as the westerly was constant but not too bitter. Headed to the live bait grounds and met up with @REELCRAZY who was out with mates and also ran into a few other fisho friends. Plenty of banter and laughter whilst we filled up the bait tank. 

Whilst the water temperatures have dropped considerably, thought it was worth a look at the FADs before heading to Longie. Fished the waverider buoy for about 30 minutes. Nothing doing. Water temp was 19.8 C. Looks like the dollies etc have headed north or potentially much wider. Conditions were OK - not much swell but the wind was making it a little wet in the CC. 

Headed to longie and immediately saw a row of boats (including some of the youtube pros) catching rats. Deployed the minn kota and got involved. Plenty of bait on the sounder and a procession of small kings generally between 50-60cm. They were taking unweighted livies and butterflied yakkas. I am sure they would have been devouring squid strips but we didn't have any. Tried a couple more spots for the same result. Great fun on the lighter gear but didn't see or hook any bigger fish. Would be interested to know if others out there did? 

Headed back in post-lunch. It was one of those days that never really warmed up. Didn't take a layer off until back at Roseville. Ramp was empty. Happy days.

Fun session as it had been a while since targeting kings (bad case of Dollie Fever this year). 

Awesome to be on the water with MD and also fishing side by side with Ev. 

Cheers

D

20230528_060711.jpg

• Like 12

Nice report Dunc, thanks for sharing. I’m pretty sure the Dollie’s have been gone for a few weeks now and although I vent been out for two weeks, I’ve heard the FADs have  now been collected by DPI. Lots of Flatties around though off Longie wide.

Always good to get out and give it a go, especially when it becomes a social get-together on the water, Your picture says a thousand words (to me). Natural light creates many different colours, but it always tells a story. The purple tint relates the crispness of the day as the sun starts its journey from below the horizon. Quite an interesting photo composition too. The 4 rods standing erect, ready for the day's action, and the single star shining brightly from millions of miles away, juxtaposed between the rods. Lovely.

bn

11 hours ago, Pickles said:

Nice report Dunc, thanks for sharing. I’m pretty sure the Dollie’s have been gone for a few weeks now and although I vent been out for two weeks, I’ve heard the FADs have  now been collected by DPI. Lots of Flatties around though off Longie wide.

Thanks Bob - yeah, we thought it was a worth a try as the Waverider has been good this year. Keen to get a few winter flatties soon!