Port Hacking

Welster

Fortunately everything fell into line today to spend the day on the water with my daughter.  With conditions a bit chilly but otherwise ideal we headed out and down the coast a bit.

We started off chasing squid but they didn’t play along, well for me anyway.  Tanaya did managed a cracker in 23 metres of water. 

We moved on in search of a feed of flatties.   Fishing from 25 to 60 metres we didn’t find a patch of legal ones but picked up a couple.   

We were treated to whales passing by all day which was a nice distraction for us both. 

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6126.jpeg

IMG_6130.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice big squidlie. The flatties are scattered, and a bonus flounder to top it off.

Plenty of whales cruising through. Looks like you are a little bit north of Little Marley.

• Like 1

We drifted from just north if Marley to Wattamolla, we were near Wattamolla when we took that photo. The was a couple out from Wattamolla on Stand up paddle boards when a whale surfaced right near them.   Nayer was wishing she had the time to take the photo so she could offer it to them. 

The drift speed was good so I expected to find a patch of the bigger ones but it wasn’t to be. 

16 hours ago, Welster said:

We drifted from just north if Marley to Wattamolla, we were near Wattamolla when we took that photo. The was a couple out from Wattamolla on Stand up paddle boards when a whale surfaced right near them.   Nayer was wishing she had the time to take the photo so she could offer it to them. 

The drift speed was good so I expected to find a patch of the bigger ones but it wasn’t to be. 

A good drift speed for us the other day, but hard to find many. A trawler has been working the area, but do not know every spot he visited.

• Thanks 1