Persistent at spot in winter

faker

So winter has so far been rough on fishing for me and I decided to lurk around the rocks near middle harbour at place where I lost salmon and had donut days Original plan was squiding despite the muddy water in arvo but after a couple of cast near kelp beds with no hits. I changed back to bream/flathead gear.

Caught a 38cm flatty but released it back since hardly enough meat on it. I kinda of  really wanted to find breambo but tide was rising so left before things got really dicey.

Relocate to pearl bay to explore the track but area near beauty point has too many weeds for SP so I tried some micro jigs but got nothing 😅 fished around pearly bay but nothing. 

At least still landing fish but I got feeling it's hard fishing small soft plastics in deep drop off's and would love advice how to fish them with soft plastics

20230702_135400.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Great to see that you returned the Flattie to grow in size.  :1clap:

I an probably going to make it a policy not to keep any flatty below 40 cm despite the min 37 cm. Forces me to try harder for good fish

• Like 3

2 hours ago, faker said:

I an probably going to make it a policy not to keep any flatty below 40 cm despite the min 37 cm. Forces me to try harder for good fish

Nothing wrong with keeping a just legal fish - if you catch a legal fish and want a feed then take it home - don’t punish yourself ! The will and ability to catch bigger fish will come by time on the water and experimentation not by force - it only leads to frustration and loss of interest . I have been trying for 40yrs for a metre flattie - 87cm is best so far and that was a fluke ! 

• Like 4