Porthacking outside

I went out with my brother and dad this morning the plan was to head down the coast and get some reef fish. First we went down the coast had and a troll getting 7-8 bonito and a couple of slimies in no time.

We then headed down to some reefs further down the coast in about 50m of water and we couldn’t get past the leather jackets landing 9. We also managed to get a pig fish and a nice wrasse.

The small flatties where thick but we struggled to land anything of any size only getting 3 legal size. We then had another reef fish in about 25-10 metres of water getting a couple of rock cod and plenty of wrasse and a wirrah.  I had a few kings around 65-75cm follow my rig up but would only eat my sinker.

Kobiimage1.thumb.jpeg.0645b6f4b7ceaacb986c48c57b04f634.jpegimage0.thumb.jpeg.1081c4ce090b93b5101f91a489d7aaba.jpeg

• Like 14

Funny how many coastal anglers despise Leatherjackets. I suppose they can be nuisance value. Personally I enjoy catching them and think they are very good eating quality.

You had a good session and scored plenty of fish to share between you all. Well done Kobi. Tight lines.

bn

• Like 3

7 hours ago, big Neil said:

Funny how many coastal anglers despise Leatherjackets. I suppose they can be nuisance value. Personally I enjoy catching them and think they are very good eating quality.

You had a good session and scored plenty of fish to share between you all. Well done Kobi. Tight lines.

bn

Those yellow jackets are very tasty.

• Like 1