Daiwa Bait Junkie Jigheads design process

DerekD

Just some interesting viewing on the Daiwa Bait Junkie jig heads...

I've got some but haven't spent a lot of time fishing them yet.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, DerekD said:

Just some interesting viewing on the Daiwa Bait Junkie jig heads...

I've got some but haven't spent a lot of time fishing them yet.

Funny thing enough I actually warmed up to their jigheads now. Before i can;t rig stuiff straight those keepers were bad but once you do it properly they are amazing at keeping SP on the jighead

I have bought a heap of them for the lighter and smaller side of things.

They are exceptional well thought out and make common sense, when I started fishing with jig heads I couldn't work out why TT ones were a different size when using light wire or heavy wire. The daiwa ones are the same size regardless of wire size.

Im crossing my fingers for a hidden weight version in the future.

Sorry Derek but I've gotta say it.

What a load of crap! , like I mean technology is one thing but to try and get a jig head to lay at a certain angle to the sea/river bed is simply going too far.

Like the river bad is NOT a flat table and who wants their plastic to sit on the bottom of the river/ocean anyway ?. You generally keep the plastic moving with motion Don't you ? OR am I missing something here ?.

Tackle refinement is getting out of hand with these guys telling the average fisho that all this high tech stuff is important.

Sorry for sounding negative but I feel I just had to speak my opinion.

Frank

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frankS said:

What a load of crap! , like I mean technology is one thing but to try and get a jig head to lay at a certain angle to the sea/river bed is simply going too far.

Like the river bad is NOT a flat table and who wants their plastic to sit on the bottom of the river/ocean anyway ?. You generally keep the plastic moving with motion Don't you ? OR am I missing something here ?.

Tackle refinement is getting out of hand with these guys telling the average fisho that all this high tech stuff is important.

Frank

What about the bait keeper? fan or not a fan.

I'd argue that there are some instances where you want your plastic to sit on the bottom, when imitating a worm or yabbie

I'm torn (maybe literally) on the keeper. Love the idea that they retain the plastic, but I occasionally like to change the plastic whilst retaining the hook. Like changing from a Z-man to a gulp, and vice versa. Can you get them out without fatally damaging the plastic?

2 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

What about the bait keeper? fan or not a fan.

I'd argue that there are some instances where you want your plastic to sit on the bottom, when imitating a worm or yabbie

I believe any form of device to help the plastic stay where you want it is good.

Frank

23 hours ago, frankS said:

Frank

I'm inclined to agree with you on the point of technology going crazy when intertwined with sales.   bn