FIRST FISH ON LURES

Kirelda

I cannot explain how happy I am to announce I FINALLY caught my first fish, during winter at that. 
It was by no means a donkey but a fish is a fish, and I am very happy to say that my first is a small bream. 

Caught the lil dude in Drummoyne at high tide with basically no wind. Used my ultra light setup and Hurricane lure fatty Jr in Slick Prawn colour. 

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo a chucked the fish right back in after I took the hook out. But I’m sure everyone knows what bream looks like. 
Thank you to everyone that has helped me thus far and I wish everyone great fishing.

• Like 15

Well done Kirelda. I still recall my first fish on a lure. It was an Australian bass. Being winter and the fish not so active you may want to add some fish scent to your lure. It may help you increase your catch rate. Anyway, great to see you have broken your duck.

• Like 1

Well done young man ! 

It's good to see you get your first, many more to come.

Feel free to drop in anytime you are up for a chat and I may be able to help you out with that heavier outfit.

Frank

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:25 PM, Kirelda said:

I cannot explain how happy I am to announce I FINALLY caught my first fish, during winter at that. 
It was by no means a donkey but a fish is a fish, and I am very happy to say that my first is a small bream. 

Caught the lil dude in Drummoyne at high tide with basically no wind. Used my ultra light setup and Hurricane lure fatty Jr in Slick Prawn colour. 

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo a chucked the fish right back in after I took the hook out. But I’m sure everyone knows what bream looks like. 
Thank you to everyone that has helped me thus far and I wish everyone great fishing.

good job. It took me 3 weeks of grinding before everything clicked for me and i started reeling things in

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...