Trebles too big for lure?

faker

Was messing around with some sugarpen knock off yesterday arvo in parra surface and got smash by multiple chopper tailor. But it has me wondering if my the trebles are bit too big for other stuff ie whiting or bream. It won't be issue for surface flathead but need second opinion if trebles too big on this 70mm lure?20230704_132941.thumb.jpg.b00fb8900e2304acff18f7d5de7f8603.jpg

They look alright , actually the lure looks really good TBH, if that’s a cheap knock off it sure looks the goods. 
The trebles look to be same size as the Suga which has got me many tiny whiting so I wouldn’t be worried about the size. With whiting it’s not like they nibble at a lure, typically they’re hitting a moving retrieve and so don’t really get a chance to eyeball it closely. 

I wouldn’t bother assist hooking unless the big trebles are catching on each other (which they do on a stock Sugapen). I know some folks swear by it but i wouldn’t just on treble size.

The Daiwa slippery dog has rear assists out of the box. If you do want to add some to the Sugapen-alternative then atomic trick bitz are in all the big stores and fairly cheap ($7-$8). 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Mike Sydney said:

They look alright , actually the lure looks really good TBH, if that’s a cheap knock off it sure looks the goods. 
The trebles look to be same size as the Suga which has got me many tiny whiting so I wouldn’t be worried about the size. With whiting it’s not like they nibble at a lure, typically they’re hitting a moving retrieve and so don’t really get a chance to eyeball it closely. 

I wouldn’t bother assist hooking unless the big trebles are catching on each other (which they do on a stock Sugapen). I know some folks swear by it but i wouldn’t just on treble size.

The Daiwa slippery dog has rear assists out of the box. If you do want to add some to the Sugapen-alternative then atomic trick bitz are in all the big stores and fairly cheap ($7-$8). 

yea they are knock off from aliexpress. they are slightly different as only the middle range ie the 70 mm and 85 mm matches the weight of sugapen equivalents but not as many colour choices. But for their price, I won't be sulking from losing it and i can least chuck them at kingfish with no hesitation

• Like 1