A quick Hawkesbury update

XD351

G’day Raiders, 

I lobbed up to the Hawkesbury for a flathead session, I ended up fishing between the rai bridge and bar point using half pillie and Hawkesbury prawns for bait and lobbed a few lures around while drifting . 
can’t say it was my most successful day but I got a few , dropped a few and still had a good time out there . 
Water temps are up to mid 17 deg and I had a high tide around 9.30 am , the wind was forecast to me 10-15kph around midday but this didn’t happen - by midday I was starting to cook and was begging for a breeze !

It ended up a near mirror image of my last trip there - 1 decent fish at milson island , a long quiet spell and a few fish in the last 2 hrs of the run out tide . The lures just wouldn’t produce this time - why I don’t know . IMG_0070.thumb.jpeg.e2ee91bc866816b931a945abf4cbf5c8.jpegIMG_0071.thumb.jpeg.f90fb121e7c08cfd1726b77b5dacea91.jpegIMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.5f28d1294e6e1c600457ea1ef5c6c000.jpegIMG_0075.thumb.jpeg.f37d4c33734e8027212e25df5460a784.jpegIMG_0069.thumb.jpeg.3e5ee1190bbbdb92f2e4b85bd3c6bfc2.jpegIMG_0073.thumb.jpeg.5785a91a753106d2263b111006497a06.jpeg

Edited by XD351
  • Like 17

You got out there’s and had a crack.Night fishing would by my preference in heat like we’ve been having and save the daytime for lounging around in the pool cracking coldies.You end up like a fried egg in summer on boats my hat goes off to those that put up with it.

• Like 1

Nice couple of fish XD! 👍

Bloody hot day mate!

I switch up my clothing colours from winter to summer. I use black long sleeve shirts in the winter to absorb heat and switch to white in the summer to reflect as much heat as possible. Only issue with white is blood stains from fish or squid ink, but I soak them as soon as I get home. Also find the wide brim woven hats not only provide more shade for your face, but stay a lot cooler than cloth hats as they allow all the heat to escape.

Edited by Larkin
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice couple of fish XD! 👍

Bloody hot day mate!

I switch up my clothing colours from winter to summer. I use black long sleeve shirts in the winter to absorb heat and switch to white in the summer to reflect as much heat as possible. Only issue with white is blood stains from fish or squid ink, but I soak them as soon as I get home. Also find the wide brim woven hats not only provide more shade for your face, but stay a lot cooler than cloth hats as they allow all the heat to escape.

When it gets really hot I pour water on the hat and I have occasionally had to dunk the shirt in the river and wear it wet. I have a mate who bought a fishing hat from one of the big stores that had a mesh top and was supposed to keep your head cool but the sun burnt the skin off the top of his cranium- never understood that train of thought from the manufacturer. I usually use cheap long sleeve work shirts and hats I get from a safety shop - usually around $30 a shirt and $12 a hat.

The black shirt is a fishraider shirt , I did try to show the logo but wrestling with a fish ,a pfd and trying to sort out the camera it got covered over - oh well maybe next photo will be better 🤣🤣

P.S maybe putting the main logo on both front and back ofthe shirts might be something to look at .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, XD351 said:

When it gets really hot I pour water on the hat and I have occasionally had to dunk the shirt in the river and wear it wet. I have a mate who bought a fishing hat from one of the big stores that had a mesh top and was supposed to keep your head cool but the sun burnt the skin off the top of his cranium- never understood that train of thought from the manufacturer. I usually use cheap long sleeve work shirts and hats I get from a safety shop - usually around $30 a shirt and $12 a hat.

The black shirt is a fishraider shirt , I did try to show the logo but wrestling with a fish ,a pfd and trying to sort out the camera it got covered over - oh well maybe next photo will be better 🤣🤣

P.S maybe putting the main logo on both front and back ofthe shirts might be something to look at .

Could tell you were wearing the fishraider shirt. I’ve got the same one - pretty good shirts, design on the back looks great

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 8:58 AM, XD351 said:

My Fishraider shirts have good design on the back. I have both Black and White

IMG_1400rsmurrumbidgee2fs.jpg.22ffd0eb80eaf28ead75ee8666ad7f88.jpg

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 5

1-North side of milson island- in far enough to get out of the main current  , 2-The mouth of porto bay , 3- east side of danger - in far enough to get out of the main current 4- between little wobby and Juno - just inside the marker poles 5- little patonga beach - just in far enough to get out of the current . 
you don’t want your traps in the main current and don’t go away from them as they won’t be there when you return - share farmers are bad there .

IMG_0078.thumb.jpeg.d61750f6124848d546e9a908d66cb2b4.jpeg

IMG_0077.thumb.jpeg.c132afd8eee550821a3f333ab367f646.jpeg

Edited by XD351
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, XD351 said:

1-North side of milson island- in far enough to get out of the main current  , 2-The mouth of porto bay , 3- east side of danger - in far enough to get out of the main current 4- between little wobby and Juno - just inside the marker poles 5- little patonga beach - just in far enough to get out of the current . 
you don’t want your traps in the main current and don’t go away from them as they won’t be there when you return - share farmers are bad there .

IMG_0078.thumb.jpeg.d61750f6124848d546e9a908d66cb2b4.jpeg

IMG_0077.thumb.jpeg.c132afd8eee550821a3f333ab367f646.jpeg

Thanks XD will let you know how I go.

• Like 1