Port Hacking again

Yowie

Headed out this morning to Maianbar flats and pumped some nippers.

Drifted along the main channel flats on the run-up, but nothing doing. Headed to Lilli Pilli flats and drifted for a couple of whiting and the bream. Also a couple of throwbacks.

Moved back to Maianbar flats for the 3rd whiting, but nothing else. As I was passing by the ballast heap, salmon erupted into a bait school. Many casts with a metal lure produced 1 salmon about 45cm, released, and another dropped boatside.

Tried a secret spot for a couple of undersized flatties and little tarwhine, so headed home after that.

fish.jpeg.420_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 17

Nice feed ! Hey Yowie do you ever fish at night for whiting in the port ? I have a hankering for a run up tide night time  whiting fish using nippers - was thinking of Swansea but port hacking is way closer ! 

Nice Whiting, one of my favourite fish to catch and eat. XD….I fish for Whiting a bit just on/after dark in Shellharbour Harbour and on the flat near my place, they love Nippers in the dark, maybe Nippers come out at night?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blaxland said:

You always get a feed

If I don't get a feed, I won't be posting anything. :074: That rarely happens though. 👍

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Good feed there Yowie, considering it was a tough session.   bn

Just had some whiting fillets crumbed and pan fried, washed down with a glass or 3 of riesling. :wine:

1 hour ago, XD351 said:

Nice feed ! Hey Yowie do you ever fish at night for whiting in the port ? I have a hankering for a run up tide night time  whiting fish using nippers - was thinking of Swansea but port hacking is way closer ! 

Thank you. I have pulled out whiting, bream at night using nippers, though most of my fishing is early morning into daytime these days.

4 minutes ago, noelm said:

Nice Whiting, one of my favourite fish to catch and eat. XD….I fish for Whiting a bit just on/after dark in Shellharbour Harbour and on the flat near my place, they love Nippers in the dark, maybe Nippers come out at night?

One of my favourites also.

I have pulled out jewies in the Hacking in the early morning at times, with a belly full of fresh nippers. Don't know if they are sucking them out of the sand, or what goes on after dark.

3 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice new photo … all shiny that one … like the fish. …oh also …Nice feed mate. 👍

cheers Zoran 

Another new photo Zoran, nothing recycled about me. 🤣

Happy with the feed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Top feed of whiting mate!

Was there much boat traffic out there today?

I’m heading out for a fish tomorrow. There’s a warm current out wide coming down through Sydney at the moment.

They tasted very nice tonight.

Not a lot of boat traffic about, noticed some boats were moving about after short times at a fishing spot.

Good luck tomorrow. About time the ocean started to throw up a warmer current.