Windermere dam trip

XD351

G’day Raiders,

Currently out at Windermere dam for a relax and a bit of fishing . Nothing serious and wasn’t expecting to catch much considering I don’t normally fish the sweet water. Anyhow we went out for a troll / cast session and I got my first cod and my mate picked up a chubby yella , mine was caught on a chartreuse spinner bait and the yella was on a rattling vibe style lure - brand unknown . IMG_0281.thumb.jpeg.532dc08f2304ef3f5c01466b5c01fe7e.jpegIMG_0282.thumb.jpeg.42f19a1b51c53cbad4f0d366d39354bf.jpegIMG_0283.thumb.jpeg.4305b28f48fcfc552aba8fe6fa2ccf98.jpegIMG_0287.thumb.jpeg.f4a3b065d0aa3f59eaccff1fd4d3ea6c.jpegIMG_0288.thumb.jpeg.24d587defda667efcf29ea7118ed608b.jpeg

• Like 18

Anywhere beats home or work!

originally wanted lake Lyell but that place is booked solid months in advance, looked at Wyangla but didn’t like it and my mate mentioned Windermere so went there . Came here a million years ago and had a great time - glad to say that it is still a great place and I will be coming back !

• Like 1

Thanks all for the kind comments! 
one strange thing did happen - I was trolling along a man made rock wall and noticed a large splash in front of the boat so I started looking around the boat to see if I could spot what made the splash, looking out the back I spotted a school of big carp following the boat - seemingly mesmerised by the slowly rotating white prop ! I dropped a curl tail plastic in there but couldn’t get them to take it . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XD351 said:

Thanks all for the kind comments! 
one strange thing did happen - I was trolling along a man made rock wall and noticed a large splash in front of the boat so I started looking around the boat to see if I could spot what made the splash, looking out the back I spotted a school of big carp following the boat - seemingly mesmerised by the slowly rotating white prop ! I dropped a curl tail plastic in there but couldn’t get them to take it . 

Spinnerbait?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Spinnerbait?🤣

Well I suppose you could call it that 🤣🤣🤣

I have never seen anything like it and it wasn’t a one off - I did three passes and they lined up behind the prop each time . Might have to change my name for my boat from Rainmaker to pied piper 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...