THURSDAY 7/12/2023 OFFSHORE TRIP | Video recording equipments was stolen. UPDATE ITEMS FOUND

JayC Fisho

Hey guys, haven’t been active on the forum for a while but today I’ve got something important that I will really need help with.

On Thursday This week (7 Dec), my mates headed out to Browns Mountain for deep sea jigging. We also brought along a Japanese fishing celebrity who came to visit Sydney from Japan, as well as video recording equipment to film the action.

We launched from Davidson Park Boat Ramp in the Morning and everything went perfectly great until we came back and landed at the same ramp at around 4pm in the afternoon.

There was four people on the boat in total, as we landed three of us went to our cars to get the trailer as well as to mount eskys and gear on the car.

One stayed on the boat to guard and also lift stuff from the boat and put them on the pontoon.

One of our tackle boxes were then possibly accidentally taken while we weren’t paying attention.

It is a big mazume black bucket that looks very similar to this one below but fully black. FYI we were on a Merry Fisher 605.

It has

——a Insta360 X3 with battery pack and charger inside a smaller mazume lure box
——Go Pro Hero 8 and mount

——Rode wireless go 2 with largo microphone inside a meiho waterproof case

——Mcombo Boat fishing Battery

We are WILLING to pay HUGE REWARD  to anyone might have accidentally picked it up or has information to their whereabouts, we don't mind even if we just get the memory cards from the cameras back 😭.
Please DM me on fishraider or call me on 0452 166 863 and also feel free to ask any questions 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 

We still have all the serial numbers of the cameras and microphone on boxes, they are relatively new. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 2.44.22 pm.png

addc92e0cc492fd6ee66f3e4c3e2cee7.JPG

e194091fe5afdf4ba738af0ca071a385.JPG

e99e3dfc07beb68ec5b2631a6a9da089.JPG

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, JayC Fisho said:

Hey guys, haven’t been active on the forum for a while but today I’ve got something important that I will really need help with.

On Thursday This week (7 Dec), my mates headed out to Browns Mountain for deep sea jigging. We also brought along a Japanese fishing celebrity who came to visit Sydney from Japan, as well as video recording equipment to film the action.

We launched from Davidson Park Boat Ramp in the Morning and everything went perfectly great until we came back and landed at the same ramp at around 4pm in the afternoon.

There was four people on the boat in total, as we landed three of us went to our cars to get the trailer as well as to mount eskys and gear on the car.

One stayed on the boat to guard and also lift stuff from the boat and put them on the pontoon.

One of our tackle boxes were then possibly accidentally taken while we weren’t paying attention.

It is a big mazume black bucket that looks very similar to this one below but fully black. FYI we were on a Merry Fisher 605.

It has

——a Insta360 X3 with battery pack and charger inside a smaller mazume lure box
——Go Pro Hero 8 and mount

——Rode wireless go 2 with largo microphone inside a meiho waterproof case

——Mcombo Boat fishing Battery

We are WILLING to pay HUGE REWARD  to anyone might have accidentally picked it up or has information to their whereabouts, we don't mind even if we just get the memory cards from the cameras back 😭.
Please DM me on fishraider or call me on 0452 166 863 and also feel free to ask any questions 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 

We still have all the serial numbers of the cameras and microphone on boxes, they are relatively new. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 2.44.22 pm.png

addc92e0cc492fd6ee66f3e4c3e2cee7.JPG

e194091fe5afdf4ba738af0ca071a385.JPG

e99e3dfc07beb68ec5b2631a6a9da089.JPG

I am really saddened to hear of your lost gear. I think you need to widen your appeal to encompass news media like newspapers and tv, in the hope that it was taken unintentionally.  You should have no trouble gaining access to media groups as you had an international celebrity with you. Good luck with getting the valuable footage and your gear back. bn

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear this news @JayC Fisho. I use this ramp all the time & have found folks leave stuff around and it is still there the next day - mind you it isn’t expensive camera gear). It’s hard to believe that someone would take what is not theirs.🫤 do you know there is a “Roseville boat ramp and swing mooring” face book site. It would be worth posting there also. (I can cut and paste message for you if it helps?).

• Like 1

Hey Guys. A great update to this post and some storytelling
We Got it Back. 

While we were at the ramp and went near the Toilet area and took a group photo, within a moment of a few minutes it was taken. 

There was only kids and teens there at that time, so I thought about it and managed to post a short video on TikTok and Instagram about the issue. 

Also managed to get in contact with the teens who were on the left pontoon on that afternoon to get to know if they saw anything. (I used to fish quite a lot around that area and knew quite a few teens who goes there often.) 

5 days later on Wednesday, I finally got a "No Caller ID" call from someone... someone we knew quite well and visits our local tackle shop........

I will continue writing about this ASAP. Been busy with family recently as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• mrsswordfisherman changed the title to THURSDAY 7/12/2023 OFFSHORE TRIP | Video recording equipments was stolen. UPDATE ITEMS FOUND

Sounds like you may have a good outcome to the saga after all. Good bit of detective work on your part to get social media in the frame. 

I will look forward to reading the rest of the tale as it unfolds. Hope all is well with the Japanese celebrity and his trip was worthwhile.

With anticipation, bn