Mayhem on the Hacking

Mass

Started early Thursday  morning with my son and two of his mates. Had a bucket full of nippers by about 6.30am and headed straight to the channel. Picked up 5 decent bream before things slowed down somewhat. Moved to the various sandbars in search of Whiting but things were very quiet with little movement or drift due to a non existent breeze. Persisted on the flats until about 10.30-11am when the run out tide and a slight breeze seemed to flick the "ON" switch. It was mayhem after that with fish after fish coming on board. The Whiting were huge with at least 4 above 40cm, the biggest going 43cm. Even the average was in the mid 30's. At about 1.30pm, we called it a day with the fish still biting. With 38 quality fish in the esky and many fish spitting the hook, it could have easily been 50. How quickly your fortunes can change. What seemed like being a very ordinary day changed into one of the best days fishing on the Hacking. My son and his mates won't forget this one.IMG-20231228-WA0006.thumb.jpg.8ddc35a067a3d12bd1b0690883be7ed3.jpg

Edited by Mass
Grammar error
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

A great bag of fish.

Spoke to my neighbour today. 4 boats fished Botany Bay a couple of days ago, and not one legal fish amongst them.

Hey Yowie. That is very interesting. I only ever fished the bay till a few years ago because I didn't think the Hacking was productive. Now, I don't even consider fishing the bay. The Hacking is a lot cleaner as well.

12 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

You’re slaying them Mass!

Thats a good 2 hours fillet time as well!

Glad you got onto some corkers too!

Hi Rob. Gave most of them away. Family aren't big fish eaters. Great time of year to be out fishing.