Port Hacking - Another good session

Another day another chance to fish, early starts are starting to wear on me as once again headed out before light and went up South West arm for something different. Tried for some poddies and no luck so switched plans to topwater fishing. Used a MMD splashprawn around the flats at SWA for a few follows from bream and one good hit from what appeared to be a whiting but no fish so moved to lilli pilli. Casting over the weed with a twitch, pause motion and tempted a few really nice bream. Very happy with the class of fish on topwater, the bream in photo was 38 and also mananged a 36 and a 32. The trevally also took a liking to the topwater as well as a few pike and smaller bream. Picked up a mate and moved to maianbar with some nippers, fished only 2 spots for the whiting, two of which were caught whilst pumping nippers and the other a little after. Once the tide had drained of the flats focused on the channel for a few small whiting, bream and a just legal flounder which was released. Good day to try something new and happy it paid of.

IMG_1068.thumb.JPG.d2c1912ad42c0fb0c8a82eb6dd21b52e.JPGIMG_1067.thumb.jpg.ba585a49b4123ec70b019f1e88b25f7b.jpgIMG_1071.thumb.JPG.7907080509b80902c41e06d726d11a00.JPG

• Like 17

Some nice fish, bream worth catching, a good trev.

You mentioned pike. Were they pike, or maybe snook? Looking at the photo is an area I pull up a few snook at times.

WOW some quality fish there Isaac. The good thing about coastal saltwater fishing is the opportunity to chase numerous species in one outing. That Trevally would have given a good account of itself. Well done.  bn

Great work! The fish always look very healthy in the hacking when you see someone’s photos.I need to get out and catch some one day to confirm they are healthy.

14 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Some nice fish there mate

I'm loving those splashprawns as well 

Thankyou, they have been very good recently , thought summer prawns when I bought it

14 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Looks like the Whiting are on in Port Hacking.

Yes they are

12 hours ago, Yowie said:

Some nice fish, bream worth catching, a good trev.

You mentioned pike. Were they pike, or maybe snook? Looking at the photo is an area I pull up a few snook at times.

Thanks Yowie, honestly don’t know the difference so could’ve been a snook

11 hours ago, big Neil said:

WOW some quality fish there Isaac. The good thing about coastal saltwater fishing is the opportunity to chase numerous species in one outing. That Trevally would have given a good account of itself. Well done.  bn

Thankyou

4 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice one Isaac, good to see you getting into the topwater action.

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Some good sized fish!

Pumping nippers always brings around the whiting - it tends to attract the smaller fish, but looks like you got some good ones

Thanks Larkin, did have the toadies at our feet but the whiting were sitting 25-30m away from us

8 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Great work! The fish always look very healthy in the hacking when you see someone’s photos.I need to get out and catch some one day to confirm they are healthy.

Thankyou, definitely get out sometime, lots to catch

• Like 1