Georges Flatties

Hit the Georges for the first time in many months after collecting a bare 6 poddies in the Hacking yesterday. On the water by 7am and tried for some squid at Kurnell but no joy although a rat king followed my jig up.

Saw about 20 pelicans and 100 seagulls following bust ups of tailor around Sans Souci. Headed up to one of my deep water spots to fish the run out and hopefully pick up a jew but picked up a nice flatty in the high 50s on a paddle tail SP. Landed a smaller model on a large poddy and another in the mid 50s on the SP. 

Switched to a shallow bank and picked up another 2 flatties one on livies and lots of undersized on a new prawn imitation lure. 

Ended up with a nice bag and dispatched all fish from the livewell back at the ramp as my ice packs were left in the car. Just filleted all the fish and after seeing flathead tails at $60 per kilo, glad to have a stash ready to go!

Btw the number of jet skis on the Georges is completely insane😡

58 flatty 4.02.24.jpg

56 flatty 4.02.24.jpg

50cm flatty on poddy 4.02.24.jpg

• Like 17

Very nice there Rob, a good bag of flatties.

We have enough of the jet skis in the Hacking, but the Georges is worse.

Edited by Yowie

On 2/4/2024 at 7:18 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Perfect eating size Rob. I was just thinking there haven’t been many flatty posts from you of late.

Thanks, I've been working on the whiting and haven't fished the Georges for over 6 months!

On 2/4/2024 at 7:37 PM, Yowie said:

Very nice there Rob, a good bag of flatties.

We have enough of the jet skis in the Hacking, but the Georges is worse.

Thanks Dave, at least in the Hacking I can fish flats when the jet skis are everywhere!

23 hours ago, kantong said:

very nice feed mate, those poddies have been tricky to come by!

Poddies have been harder to get for me too, only managed 6 of mixed size but as you can see in the pic, flatties smash any size!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GordoRetired said:

The reason the jet skis are down there is because they are banned in the Harbour. If they keep driving around like maniacs they'll probably end up banned down there too...

Maybe they should ban all of them except Larkin:)

• Haha 2

Nice flatties and great report ! From what I have seen off  FB and a few You tube channels I watch the squid at Kurnel have been hard to come by in the last couple of weeks. I thought skis were bad at Ettalong and the Hawkesbury , then I fished botany for the first time in 20yrs and couldn’t believe the number of the damned things there- it is ridiculous ! Unfortunately for the fishos that use one as a fishing platform there are a lot of clowns out there that will ultimately end up with them being banned altogether. There was a guy on FB asking where he can launch one to fish long reef - so many people answered Sydney harbour it wasn’t funny - and because they got booted out of the harbour you can’t even launch there to fish outside which really sucks for the fishos that were probably not bothering anyone . 

15 hours ago, XD351 said:

Nice flatties and great report ! From what I have seen off  FB and a few You tube channels I watch the squid at Kurnel have been hard to come by in the last couple of weeks. I thought skis were bad at Ettalong and the Hawkesbury , then I fished botany for the first time in 20yrs and couldn’t believe the number of the damned things there- it is ridiculous ! Unfortunately for the fishos that use one as a fishing platform there are a lot of clowns out there that will ultimately end up with them being banned altogether. There was a guy on FB asking where he can launch one to fish long reef - so many people answered Sydney harbour it wasn’t funny - and because they got booted out of the harbour you can’t even launch there to fish outside which really sucks for the fishos that were probably not bothering anyone . 

How about we get all the non-fishing jetskis into a square km offshore and they can play gladiator until they are all wiped out:)

• Haha 1