Another Rydalmere quickie session.

G’day Raiders,

I lobbed down to Rydalmere for a quick after work flick , nothing specific in mind as to species to target - more a suck it and see approach. The water is filthy - even worse than last week but I thought nothing ventured nothing gained, the first 20 min yielded nothing - not even a touch on my lure - a Zman grubz 2.5 in black and a pink uv glow sinker 5g - Texas rig as usual . 
I got to the end of where I wanted to fish - a high sandstone wall ( visible under the bridge in the photo below) the channel cuts right in here and I have it a few casts . On the third cast the grub got smashed and knew immediately what it was - a flattie. I now had a problem though - I was standing on a high wall with a retaining wall in front of it ( it was underwater because of the 2m high tide) so I had to hoist this fish over the lot of this and then over a railing-all in one motion and I’m running 6lb trace ! 
Anyhow this fish decided it wanted to help me and launched itself out of the water straight at me and I managed to keep its momentum up enough to land it . I originally thought it was 47cm but when reviewing the photo I noticed the zero on the tape is a few cm short of the end of the tape which is what I used to align the tape so it was closer to 50cm - bonus ! I changed lure styles (critters , clone prawn and paddle tail shad in various colours)but only got them chomped by tiny tailor . Heaps of poddy and bully mullet down there atm but for some reason I can’t  hook a bream to save my life down there ! Oh well , nice couple of hours out of the house ! One down side of this place is the imbecile’s that think the cycleway is a race track ! I had one fool go past me on an electric contraption and I reckon  he was travelling faster than a postie bike would do ! 
IMG_0534.thumb.jpeg.0f5677cc81ca8aec80c0adc3181150d9.jpegIMG_0532.thumb.jpeg.5924e8dab7fa9889ab7ef85f8a90906e.jpegIMG_0533.thumb.jpeg.167a071dfececd1c565ca660326603fa.jpeg

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, kantong said:

nice flattie and well done on landing it. mullet you say....get some bread ready, lets rock and roll!

Some of the bullies would have given 45cm a serious nudge .

• Like 1

It paid off having a go. In murky water, the fish will not be afraid of having a go at a lure on heavier line, and this will make it easier to lift them up.

The electric bikes are a danger when ridden at speed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, big Neil said:

Nice sized Flattie, good of it to cooperate with the catching process (LOL). Are the high-rise buildings in the background in Parramatta?

bn

Yes Parramatta .

32 minutes ago, lhan said:

Great report and nice flatty. Silverwater/Rydalmere part Parra must be the snaggiest place in the world.

That is why you must fish Weedless and even then you can still get snagged !