My Journey into the World of Fishing

Hi Fellow Fishers,

Long time lurker first time poster hope you enjoy !

Fishing is more than just a hobby; it's a way of life for many enthusiasts around the world. In this report, I will delve into my personal journey into the world of fishing, exploring the reasons behind my interest, the experiences gained, and the lessons learned along the way.

Growing up, I was always drawn to the outdoors. Whether it was camping trips with my family or exploring local lakes and rivers, I developed a deep appreciation for nature and all its wonders. I was fortunate enough to grow up into a family that loved fishing and the outdoors.

My interest in fishing was sparked by my family who took me on countless fishing trips as a youngster. I was immediately captivated by the tranquillity of sitting by the water, the excitement of feeling a tug on the line, and the thrill of reeling in my first catch. I remember the first bream I caught on lure in 2021 on a Storm WildEye Twitching Nipper coming in at 37cms from that moment on, I was hooked. (This soft plastic was long removed from the market if I recall and can no longer get the same in the pink so I've saved it all these years)

IMG_3708.thumb.jpg.42652189030143527117a618e09cedf0.jpg                               20210226_094331(1).thumb.jpg.a782058a401a743dfd9c116c650ce68e.jpg

After that initial experience, I began to immerse myself in the world of fishing. I spent countless hours researching different fishing techniques, studying local waterways, and learning about various fish species. I also sought guidance from experienced anglers, who generously shared their knowledge and expertise with me.

One of the things I love most about fishing is the opportunity to explore new waters. Over the years, I've fished in lakes, rivers, and even the open sea. Each location offers its own unique challenges and rewards, from the serene tranquillity of urban river systems to the adrenaline-pumping action of deep-sea fishing.

Fishing has taught me the value of patience and perseverance. It's not always about catching the biggest fish or the most fish; sometimes, it's simply about enjoying the experience and being present in the moment. There's a certain meditative quality to fishing that allows me to escape from the stresses of everyday life and reconnect with nature.

As I've become more involved in fishing, I've also developed a deep sense of responsibility towards the environment. I strive to practise sustainable fishing techniques and always follow local regulations to help preserve our natural resources for future generations.

My journey into the world of fishing has been nothing short of transformative. What started as a simple hobby has evolved into a lifelong passion that brings me joy, fulfilment, and a profound connection to the natural world. Whether I'm casting a line in a quiet river or battling a kingfish off the rocks in the open ocean, fishing will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Like 9

Hi Anthony,

Welcome aboard (in a visible sense). Thanks for sharing your backstory and I look forward to hearing more about your journey as you branch out into other fields.

Considering how well you write and turn a phrase I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your fishing videos. I suspect there will be a great deal of thought and preparation in the final product.

Regards,

Derek

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DerekD said:

Hi Anthony,

Welcome aboard (in a visible sense). Thanks for sharing your backstory and I look forward to hearing more about your journey as you branch out into other fields.

Considering how well you write and turn a phrase I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your fishing videos. I suspect there will be a great deal of thought and preparation in the final product.

Regards,

Derek

Thank you @DerekD the topwater guru !

I still have plenty to learn, hopefully these videos turn out the way I hope they do maybe to educate others on my findings and research as well.