New Member! First Fish On Sp!

Sammy0884

Hi Guys,

been reading for a couple of weeks since being hooked (pun intended) on fishing over chrissy..

did some reading on soft plastics, took the plunge, bought a new outfit and some SP's....first cast this afternoon under the sylvania bridge on the georges river hooked a 38cm flathead!

very exciting, great feeling with the light tackle and fireline!

looking a buying a boat soon too, have a 2nd hand quintrex 420 in my sights, or should i wait until winter?

Cheers

Sammy

Hi Guys,

been reading for a couple of weeks since being hooked (pun intended) on fishing over chrissy..

did some reading on soft plastics, took the plunge, bought a new outfit and some SP's....first cast this afternoon under the sylvania bridge on the georges river hooked a 38cm flathead!

very exciting, great feeling with the light tackle and fireline!

looking a buying a boat soon too, have a 2nd hand quintrex 420 in my sights, or should i wait until winter?

Cheers

Sammy

:1welcomeani: Sammy,Thats a great effort on your first attempt and there will be many more now you have christened your new gear :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Good on ya mate,

Its bloody addictive isnt it? I've recently been bitten by the bug aswell, now i cant get enough, I work near the georges, so im really keen to hear if you have much luck and roughly where as i dont know the system very well, but would love to wet a line before work.

good luck

Dan :1welcomeani:

Well done mate,

you must have been absolutely pumped with that effort..great stuff.

I'm interested to know what sort of SP you were using as lately I have started on SP's and I'm using berkley Gulp 3" shad and saltware powerbait in a 3" minnow. A few nibbles, have had a couple of kings take a real long look at the shad down near Lilli Pilli but no hits as yet!!!

Good on ya

Cheers Wayne

Good work...

It had better be beginners luck, for my sanity. I'm still trying to land something worthwhile on SP's. It's a good feeling though, keep it up.

Just out of interest, what SP were you using?

Edited by Muddy4x4

Good work...

It had better be beginners luck, for my sanity. I'm still trying to land something worthwhile on SP's. It's a good feeling though, keep it up.

Just out of interest, what SP were you using?

i was using a swimmer grub in pumpkinseed, with a 1/8th jig head

as for the boat, i have been told to wait until june/july for a boat too...might be a good idea..