A very nice story about a fishraider

This was posted today on Facebook by one of our old Moderators @nbdshroom

He has a big following on social media and produces great video content. 

THIS is fantastic and we are very proud of Peter Shroom 

A bit of an update. I visited Trinity Grammar School today to meet the kids and teacher. They run a fishing program where they are taught how to make their own rods and a few other things about fishing.  I think it is a fantastic initiative and from what I was told, the fishing program has been and continues to be a huge positive influence in the lives of these kids. Some even sign up to do it a second year which is a testament to how fullfilling it must be. But going back to the story about the reasons behind my visit,  the teacher told me some of the kids watch my videos and go to the class asking 'Sir have you watched the latest one?' They spent this half of the year making me a special rod which they presented to me during the lesson. It was an absolute pleasure to meet the kids they really did look like they had been waiting for this for a long time and all in all fishing looks to be in good hands. I wish I could share more about it (film, photos etc.,) but out of respect to school policy, I didn't film nor take pictures. The school photographer was there so hopefully the photos that he took are cleared for distribution so I can share it with you all! P.S. thanks to the teacher for inviting me, it was my pleasure

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

yes his content is great i have been a paid member for along time .also we need to get into all schools .here in the inner west everyday i see more and more teenagers going fishing around here getting away from there computers cheers dunc333

Edited by dunc333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hey all, my name Peter, im from the fishing club at school where Shroom visited on Friday. I was fortunate enough to be able to build the rod for Shroom. It was great to meet him and he was very respectful, a genuine guy, great to be able to actually meet the man behind all these videos I've watched for years. Sorry guys, I don't have a photo of the completed rod before I gave it too him, however, he said that he would be making a video and posting it to youtube with him fishing with it. So keep an eye out for that. All in all it was great fun, not only building the rod but getting to meet him too!

Edited by Peter KH
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Peter KH said:

Hey all, my name Peter, im from the fishing club at school where Shroom visited on Friday. I was fortunate enough to be able to build the rod for Shroom. It was great to meet him and he was very respectful, a genuine guy, great to be able to actually meet the man behind all these videos I've watched for years. Sorry guys, I don't have a photo of the completed rod before I gave it too him, however, he said that he would be making a video and posting it to youtube with him fishing with it. So keep an eye out for that. All in all it was great fun, not only building the rod but getting to meet him too!

What a credit you are to your school and society PeterKH. I am a big fan of shroom too and he is a wonderful ambassador for his chosen sports (fishing and video). Shroom has been a member of Fishraider forum and made great contribution to it also. He is a quality angler and you young folk will learn heaps from his videos. I will look forward to seeing the new fishing rod video... bet he will catch heaps of fish with it.

bn

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2024 at 7:27 PM, dunc333 said:

yes his content is great i have been a paid member for along time .also we need to get into all schools .here in the inner west everyday i see more and more teenagers going fishing around here getting away from there computers cheers dunc333

I have just come back from a week in Perth and was elated to see so many groups of young people fishing...out in the fresh air and enjoying face to face fun together.

Warmed my heart it did.

bn

13 hours ago, Peter KH said:

Hi and welcome @Peter KH
Thanks for the comments and you are most welcome to post or browse here any time. 
Well done @nbdshroom 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @mrsswordfishermani have been looking aorund for about a 2 months or so but I'm yet to truly get involved in the comments and posts. I have been reading most of the recent topics though. I have been active on other Aussie fishing sites but I eager to get into this one. Thanks for the warm welcome.,

• Thanks 1