South Coast snapper

That time of year again, had to do some work on my property and took the boys down

a days work and next day fishing, opted to camp out on the boat and my other mate slept in the car, headed out at first day light at Ulladulla and this time the fishing was slow and I mean very slow, we usually bag out but still managed a feed , right angle still very sore but no point sitting it out 

I managed a couple mowies and I don’t like them but my mum does. How do you guys feel about them 

IMG_3682.jpeg

IMG_3683.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

• Like 18

I disagree with Yowie re the Mowies. Obviously not the best eating quality but a long way from being useless. A frequent catch when targeting other species and better than nothing. Always good to spend some quality time chasing a few fish with friends Basil.

bn

Edited by big Neil
more info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice red there Basil!

A bit of a mixed bag - but looks you got a few reddies in there. 

bet it feels good to get out there again eh

well done!

Oh mate does it feel good 

very frustrating when you can’t enjoy a bit of life 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ireallylovefishies22 said:

always thought both blue and red mowies were good eating. never caught any big enough to eat but its interesting to see the shared dislike of them here

Red mowies and yummo

I also disagree with Yowie in a nice way, Mowies if prepared well and cleaned correctly are quite good, You must fillet them and skin them to remove the iodine taste, cut the rib cage out of the fillets, lightly crumb in Anchor or Krummies bread crumbs and cook in olive oil in the pan - end up delicious. Must be fresh though.

Love your work Yowie.

• Like 1