Socceroos

Guest fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

:04: 1-1 at 1/2 time, c'mon aussie,

very physical game so far , hope we come out in front :biggrin2:

goodness that was quick, it's now 2-1 croatia, cmon aussie

Guest fishrunner

after that shocking handball, we more then deserved that,,, good karma?

Edited by fishrunner

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: 2-2 Draw!!! BRING ON THE SECOND ROUND!!! :soccer_h4h::soccer_h4h::soccer_h4h:

What an intense game.

Flattieman.

Yeah what he said......

But i think i know 2 ppl that wont get a game next round

1 - Umpire Poole (i think thats he's name)

2 - Our F#$$*(()*(&*( goal keeper :mad3::ranting2:

Yeah what he said......

But i think i know 2 ppl that wont get a game next round

1 - Umpire Poole (i think thats he's name)

2 - Our F#$$*(()*(&*( goal keeper :mad3::ranting2:

For:

1 - I agree. Giving someone three yellow cards (no red), and allowing that player to stay on the field as well as missing a crucial hand ball, I reackon the ref deserves a bit of a dishonourable mention. I'm sure he'll cop a bit of blame anyway.

2 - Everyone makes mistakes.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

FROM SOCCERWHO'S to SOCCEROOS

We've done it the hard way against quality opponents. What's going to happen when we finally get a break?

Go you good things and thanks so much for putting us on the map.

Surely even Ronaldo knows who you are now. :tease:

Red

Trouble is, we wont get a break, look at who else is in final 16, they are all the worlds best teams Brazil, Argentina, England etc. Gee our blokes have done us proud. Oz Vs Italy oh oh, my 14 year old son was born to an Italian mother and sees himself as Italian, family fued coming up Tuesday.

Go you blokes and kick that ball straight in that goal.

As for our goalie, well he may be tall, but thats the best thing i can say about his game, what a shocker.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

FROM SOCCERWHO'S to SOCCEROOS

We've done it the hard way against quality opponents. What's going to happen when we finally get a break?

We still don't seem to get much of a break as we play Italy, but one thing for sure our world ranking has climbed a notch or two.

I think the team has done us proud and themselves. What’s even more impressive is how well they have presented when interviewed and behaved. They speak well and are modest. They respect each other and their coach. The whole team are great ambassadors for Australia.

Many a rugby league player should take a lesson from the Socceroos.

GO YOU SOCCEROOS

Cheers

Awesome game!!!!! It was edge of the seat stuff.... I dont understand how any one can call it boring.....

Aussie Guus has done a great job with the team.... but why in the world would you change goal keepers in the middle of a tournament????

Anyway we are through to the final 16... who would have thought.... and its not beyond us to give Italy a good shake..... bring on Tuesday

Celebrations all round guys. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Before you go laying blame on kalac - think a bit first. If you watch the replay closely - the ball took a SHOCKING bounce off the pitch prior to sliding over his hands. Kalac is a world class keeper who keeps for AC milan for anyone who knows there football. Yes he had a shocker, and believe me i was going off my head thinking that error could lose us our campaign. It didn't - but i have to agree, put schwarzy back in next game. Give the guy a break though fellas. The guy you shouldnt give a break however..is Mr grahame pole...

What a match though, it had EVERYTHING. A dramatic comeback, simunic who im gonna rename to willie mason with some of the tackling he was doing. How viduka didnt get a penalty on the 6th minute mark i think it was is beyond me. Not to mention the other handball in the box the ref missed. Who can forget the triple yellow card incident?

Plenty of talking points, but at the end of the day - THE BOYS ARE THROUGH, just as i thought they would when people doubted us in December when the draw was done. I've always had faith in this side and if we get good officials - as well as play to the best of our ability - get set for a cracker come tuesday morning.

FIFA tried to dud us again and our team of whole-hearted rooz pulled through their political bullshit - BRING ON ITALY!!!!!

Guest wayneo

all i can say is that kalac(goalkeeper) has played his last game for australia.you can say thats harsh but that second goal should never have gone in i dont care what anyone says.and the second reason for not really liking him is coz my mrs used to go out with him when they were 15.can you believe it and she ended up with me a bum rooftiler/fisherman :thumbup::thumbup:

i just think i should also let you all know im taking some credit for our win and our campian coz one of our best players out there (craig moore) was coached by yours truely for about 4years at blacktown united.and he was also a doonside boy so thats my small claim to fame with the socceroos.

also i just wanna say my best mate is over in germany and m really kicking myself because he asked me and my mrs to go with him and his sister and we decided not to and am i spewin.he is saying it is so unreal there and every cent he has spent is worth it.

i couldnt be prouder to be australian and when i see all that green and gold and hear of all the good words people say about our boys thats what is al about

com on boys lets go hard coz we dont wanna go home yet and we can beat the italians

ozi ozi ozi oi oi oi

cheers wayneo

I can add a bit onto what wayneo said, i met that useless keeper kalac around 6 years ago when i sold him a house in prospect, he is a rude and arrogant guy, thought he was king shit, then when he went to sell it he came to me and i sold the house to the tenant, he protested paying me the commsion and tried to do the sale behind my back. SO he is also a tightass....i know a few people who have dealt with him in the past and all of them say bad things about him...

IN regards to him being a world class keeper, he maybe is, but like kimmorley obviously he cannot step up to the big games and the big moments.....and schwarzy has proved he can in last years penalty shoot out.

And also its not just the goal he let in that worried me, what about the cross that he nearly dropped into the goal???

Guys if youve got personal problems against the guy that might alter your perception of his performance and the like. Im not arguing though, hes had an absolute shocker and seeing as though hes likely to retire from international football after this cup, I don't think well be seeing him between the sticks again.

As you said though, you can have alot of potential as an athlete - but you need to rise in the big occassions - and hes failed to do that. Even against Greece I thought he looked shaky so his form hasn't been the best. Not wrong about schwarzzer either - I see it as that he got half of our foot in the door to germany and I think he should have earnt the right to remain as keeper.

Guus has always seen something in Kalac but for whatever reasons (maybe they get on well?) and might of seen something in training during the week to justify putting him in. Let's stop the bagging of our players though - only creates negative energy and wish every one of them well as they progress into the elimination stages of the tournament..

GO BOYS!

Guest wayneo

ref was shocking, even kewell's goal was clearly offside.... enjoyable game though. Never seen a guy get 4 cards in one game though!!!

kewell was slightly offside but they will never give that offside due to not know if it came off us or deflected off them

cheers wayneo

yeh that's true wayne and errors like that people can always live with as you can never expect a ref to see everything.... things like that really don't bother me and I would hate to see video replays in soccer.....things like 3 yellow cards should never happen at all though. :1yikes:

Can't wait for the next game, this is just awesome stuff at the moment!!! Hopefulyl viduka will score a goal... :biggrin2: