People (fr) Power

brett0

Hello all

This is an incredably hard post to write, but having read some of the posts on this site and knowing all the fishermen that I do, I certainly know that 99.9999% of you are very decent people. And I need some help.

My wife and I found out last night that our little boy who is only 4 an not even at school needs to have some major heart surgery. It has not be sheduled as yet but we meet in two weeks to discuss all the things that no parent wants to discuss with the surgen and the I asume a date will then be set.

Could I ask that anyone, willing to, say a short prayer for our boy. If you don't believe in God or JC say a few words to your man on his behalf. I am a believer in positive thinking and the power of many people so if you could it would be appreciated.

Like I said before the people on this site all seem to be decent family people and even JC was a fishermen so I think if a few of us can just ask him to watch over us things will be OK.

Most of you don't know me and some may think this is crazy but it can work. My little fishing Buddy's name is Jake and so far he has shown more gut than his old man.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Brett :(

Brett,

I got a boy Jake's age, you must be doing it tough mate.

I havn't prayed in years, but i will tonight for your boy and your family, hang-in there mate, we all will be thinking of you.

Guest fishrunner

My prayers will be with you, I myself don't have a son, though everyone should pull in a fish as long as himself at some stage so my prayers shall be wishing for that and then another.

condolences

Guest wayneo

to you and your family my heart goes out to you

i also have a little boy but he is 3 and he is your pride and joy

i dont think i have ever prayed befor but there is always a first for everything

mate as im writing this and wipeing tears from my eyes i just want to offer you anything we can do even if you just wanna talk im always here mate

family and friends will get you through this very tough time

be strong and your little boy has a big heart and will pull through

chin up

wayneo :(

Hi Brett,

All the very best wishes that we can muster are coming to you, your family and your little fisho Jake at this time.

Having been through some hard (although different) times with my son Andy I have some idea of what you guys are going through.

Hang in there. Keep us all posted on how things progress and keep in mind we are sending you all the positive vibes we've got.

All the best mate.

David and family.

Dear All

My wife and I are very touched by all the responces and well wishes. My wife could not believe the replies from people we don't even know. She said that this proove that even though ou TV's are filled with all the doom and gloom and stories of all the bad things people do to each other. This proves that there are a lot of very GOOD people in the world.

Thanks again. The August family fishing day was going to be our first FR family day. Looks like we will mis that one but we will ALL be at the next for sure.

Brett and Kylie :thumbup:

Will do Brett.

Jake & your family will be in our prayers mate. The strength of the little tackers is amazing. It will be a tough time for all of you but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Keep your chin up mate.

Grant.

Guest madsmc

Very sad to hear of your sons illness Brett. I wish you, your son, and your family all the best of fortune in what you are going through.

Shane

:1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day all

Just wanted to give you guys an update.

The date has been set for Jakes OP. 28/8/06. We have had the meeting with the surgeon and been told all the possabilities. What a bombshell that was. But I am confident that all will go well and only allow positive thoughts into me head. We do get upset somrtime but being positive is the answer.

Jake is on the top pririty list if there is a cancelation(another child gets a cols or something) so we are on alert. The people at the Childrens Hospitol are fantastic so far and I can't see that changing. We here so much about how crap aour system is but I have NO complaints. Hats off to them all. Especially the surgeon. These people are top of my books, and worth every cent they get.

Cheers

Brett & Kylie