Ross Hunters Report

Ken A

YELLOWFIN FEVER ..Broadbill and Billfisher have another great week on bigger yellowfin

Through last week BROADBILL and BILLFISHER caught some great yellowfin tuna They were all around the same size averaging from 30 to 35kg.

(See the pictures)…

We caught most of the fish around the 300-fathom line All fish were caught on cubes late in the afternoon.

Most of our anglers were first time "tuna virgins"…… However after experiencing the ball busting power of their runs, they reckon it will not be their last.

Trolling lures has only produced small fish through the week and in some cases leaving us with the impression that the tuna had done a runner. The cubes however worked well and got them to the back of the boat pretty well.

Trolling will improve as the moon gets closer to the full.

The best time to catch yellowfin is the week before the full moon,..

Especially for trolling.

We now have 2 group bookings in the near future from Fishraider so let's hope that the fishing remains "hot"

Captain Ross and Glenn Hunter's boats Broadbill and Billfisher are available for tuna charters on 9534 2378

www.gamefishingcharters.com.au

post-1-1151889109_thumb.jpg

Four great fin caught on Billfisher

post-1-1151889127_thumb.jpg

The boys hold up their first Yellowfin

post-1-1151889158_thumb.jpg

The happy team back at the wharf

post-1-1151889180_thumb.jpg

Yeh my first yellowfin

Guest Aron

Hi Raiders,

I have booked out Ross Hunters services this Saturday. Fingers crossed the Tuna are still playing. Will let you know how we go.

Hopefully I will have some good pics to share ! :1prop:

Good luck peahead - dont forget to do a report

Going out on the 16th - cant wait

Hi All ive got Charter boat booked for this Sunday 9th July Me and Watto another raider with friends , full booked hope to post some pics of best trip so far this season. Fingers Crossed