Flathead Social

Flightmanager

I'm soooooo ready for this get together! :yahoo:

So start blowing away the wind.

Get the rain over and done with, for now. :1badmood:

And bring on the fish. :1fishing1:

Thanks for putting it all together for us.

Hope we can be of some help on the day. :beersmile:

With so many people attending the park do you need to get any special permission from the council?

Wouldn't want them chasing us on the day. :ranting2:

See you there

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalucius ,

All of the arrangements are in hand , all you need do is arrive , catch some fish , enjoy the BBQ and a few drinks , and have a good time !! :)

Rest assured , a lot of time and energy has been spent to make this event go off smoothly , it will be a great day !!

Ross

Suggestion...

When people register in the morning they could donate if they choose to, to help with the cost of the food etc.

I am more than happy to throw in $$$.

No one should have to pay for the lot. Organising and cooking is enough.

Any $$ left over could be for next time.

So have a tin at the rego table.

:thumbup:

Edited by Dalucius

G'day Dan , you are entrant number 112 for the flathead social !! :thumbup:

This is shaping up to be our biggest event ever , I am really looking forward to meeting as many of you as I am able to next weekend !!

Just a few quick things that you need to know :

1) You must register and sign in BEFORE you start fishing for the day . The sign in point will be at Cook Park , and it will be manned from 0500 Sunday Morning. You are then free to fish Botany Bay , Cooks River and Georges River .

2) There is no boat ramp at Cook Park , but there are several good ramps within 15 minutes sailing time .

3) It will be necessary to beach your boat , but there is plenty of room to do this , the beach area appears to be free of rocks. Those boats that require deeper water , we will try to organise a tender to pick you up and return you to your boat.

4) For landbased fisherpersons , there is off street parking right next to Cook Park.

5) Lastly , the one thing I cannot control , is the weather. The event will still go ahead if it is raining. The only reason we would cancel the event would be if the winds are too strong due to a change etc. Be sure to check this thread on Saturday evening for any last minute news.

6) I have provided a map of the Cooks Park location on the Rules and Attendees page for your convenience.

Lets hope the weather gods are kind to us for Sunday the 3rd !!!

Ross

:1welcomeani: to Fishraiders Jaxi2019 and Bettyboop !! I have included your names on the attendees list , please read THE RULES , and familiarise yourselves with the plans for the day.

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager