Flathead Social

Flightmanager

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi every one. Its been a while since I last posted on this site.

Please count me in for this event. I will be more than glad to bring along some sausages and eggs for the day

as well as

some soft drinks. I would also like to volunteer to help cooking the breakfast in the morning. Dont forget, us

Lebs have mastered the art of the BBQ.

This will officially be my first social and I look forward to meeting every one.

I sure hope I can get a fish on a boat on the day.

To contact me please send me a PM and I will gladly give my details to the organiser.

Crickey, I haven't checked the list for a little while and hasn't it grown, If every raider catches a flatty I'm worried they'll be listed as a threatened species :1yikes:

This is going to be the social to end all socials, BRING IT ON :yahoo:

Ross I may bring my Daughter 8 but it depends where I end up fishing if it's land based or my mate brings his boat I'll bring her but if I end up on another raiders boat I'll come alone

I'll let you know in the next week or so

Hi all Flattie Social attendees,I am happy to announce that our sponsor Modern Fishing ,courtesy of Fisherman Dan have supplied some fantastic prizes for the social :thumbup:

Thanks Dan

Cheers Stewy

ps Hope to see you there on the day as well :thumbup:

Hi Stewy, what is on offer from modern fishing?

Cheers

Put me down as a Maybe please

Just need to check when it comes a little closer

Sounds like a good day out

i will be in a boat and may have room for a deckie

Okay put me down i have made sure i will be free

on this day and cleared a few things

Edited by johnno

G'day Raiders ,

Sorry for the delay in announcing the venue , but I needed to check them out to make sure they were suitable , my original plans ended up being no good , so I needed to find an alternative .

The Flathead Social will be held at Cooks Park Sans Souci.

Cooks Park is on the Grand Parade , the nearest cross street is Alice Street.

SocialMap.gif

This location is reasonably central to all of the popular boat ramps , and it is where we will have lunch , measure the fish and make the presentations. It is a well shaded spot , there are toilets and a playground as well .

Image036.jpg

There is plenty of beach space to park your boat .

Image035.jpg

Once again , I would remind all attendees that if the weather is in any way doubtful , we will postpone the event to another date , but I am hopeful that the weather Gods will smile on us kindly.

Ross

We have finalised the rules and location , please check them out HERE

Johnno and Johndevine I have added your names to the list.

Could everyone that plans to bring their children to this event , please let me know how many you will be bringing , and their ages . I need to have this information by this time next week .

We have some great prizes on offer , once again I would like to extend my thanks to all of our sponsors who have donated items for this event .

Those of you who have offered to provide food and drinks etc , I will be in touch with you this week , to finalise these matters .

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

Just wondering what the depth is just out of the beach. Is it possible to beach a 5metre boat there?

the reason i ask is because on sunday i tried to beach just south from that area and i got stuck in 0.3 metre water, which made the engine jump and take on sand in the inlet. Also had to wade the boat out to deeper water..

G'day Domza ,

Unfortunately , with so many boats attending , using any of the ramps was totally out of the question , so beaching the boats was our only option. For any of the larger boats , Im sure we would be able to ferry people from deeper water to the beach to avoid the problems you mentioned .

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

Thanks Stewy , I am glad to do it , I would also like to thank Yourself and Donna for all the help you have given me ! This event has grown in magnitude beyond our expectations , you have made this task much easier for me , Im sure its going to be a great day !!

Ross

Just wondering what the depth is just out of the beach. Is it possible to beach a 5metre boat there?

the reason i ask is because on sunday i tried to beach just south from that area and i got stuck in 0.3 metre water, which made the engine jump and take on sand in the inlet. Also had to wade the boat out to deeper water..

I will be there this Sunday so I will check the beach out. My boat is 4.5 metres.

I would remind all attendees that if the weather is in any way doubtful , we will postpone the event to another date

As I am unable to make this date would it be selfish of me to hope for foul weather?? :tease:

Hey Ross Could you please add myself Coollagirl and my little dirtmagnet she is 6

Dont know whether I will be on the boat or land based due to no knowing when I get my boat delivered

Looking forward to meeting more Raiders and having a good time let me know if you fall short on any

supplys and I will try and help out

Coollamon

Just a quick update , we now have 79 people wanting to attend , thanks for your interest , it is most gratifying !!

We still have 5 members looking to act as Deckies , so if you have a spare spot on your boat , could you please let me know , so that I can put you in touch with those in need of a ride ?

Ross