Kingfish Social

robthefisherman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's now official the Kingfish social will be going ahead on Sunday 21st January and the venue will more than likely be Clifton Gardens which will be confirmed in the next week or so.

So put your name down so we can get an official list of attendees happening and wether you are a boater or landbased and also if you have available spots for deckies.

Cheers

Rob

Hi

I'm a new member here, but love the site and I'll be there on Stumpy's boat with Squidgy.

Blobby

Hi

I'm a new member here, but love the site and I'll be there on Stumpy's boat with Squidgy.

Blobby

Thanks Blobby, you have been added also and :1welcomeani: to the site.

See you there.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

G'day Raiders,

Firstly, I'm ecstatic on what I'm sure would be the bigger social turn out in F/R history ( Admin pls correct me if i'm wrong) 100 + members and growing every day! Kingies, watch out!!

And WELL DONE to everyone and sponsors who made it happen. :thumbup:

Would have love to have able to attend the social, but as luck would have it, The :wife: B'day's on the same day.... :05: . what do you guys thing if I ditch the :wife: .....

Good luck to all raiders , and I'm sure it would be a great chance to put face's to names ,

Remember, is a SOCIAL, so enjoy the day, that's what the social all about! :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave

Yes Dave you are correct about over 100 People attending thus far :thumbup: and its a shame you cant bring the missus to the Social for her birthday as well :(

Cheers Stewy

The Kings look like they will be on for us :yahoo:

The thought didn't even cross my mind, that tell you how well that suggestion would go down with the missis..... and on her B'day...

Note to self....... don't even think about it, :wacko:

She Enjoys the day out, but not when it involves Boat and Syd harbour, every time she's on the harbour she gos green .. from all the wake from the boat traffic...

Cheers

Dave

The thought didn't even cross my mind, that tell you how well that suggestion would go down with the missis..... and on her B'day...

Note to self....... don't even think about it, :wacko:

She Enjoys the day out, but not when it involves Boat and Syd harbour, every time she's on the harbour she gos green .. from all the wake from the boat traffic...

Cheers

Dave

Hey she is most welcome to join the crew who are cooking etc ... and not fishing. I am sure she would enjoy herself :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

G'day all.

Bloody not happy that I won't be able to attend this event. :1badmood: It will be huge! :yahoo:

There seems to be quite a few of you that will be fishing landbased. Why don't a few of you get together, grab some of Tony's squid, & hire a boat with all the gear from Darren @ Trailerboat hire & give yourselves a real shot at winning a rod & reel combo worth over a grand. Mad if you don't I reckon. Between three of you it would cost bugger all.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Grant.

Just to let other raiders know about the state of kingies in the harbour...went fishing today...they are EVERYWHERE!!!!!! There are little ones, big ones and in between ones. Caught them on bait and lures so they are here and in good numbers.

East of the harbour bridge, west of the harbour bridge, on the surface, down deep, around structure and in open water! Couldn't stop catching kings! Even in the wake of the manly ferries. Just hope this continues as Sunday promises to be a HUGE day. Cheers Kelvin

Just to let other raiders know about the state of kingies in the harbour...went fishing today...they are EVERYWHERE!!!!!! There are little ones, big ones and in between ones. Caught them on bait and lures so they are here and in good numbers. Cheers Kelvin

:thumbup::fish_h4h::fish_h4h::clapping:

Mate after that news

I'M EXCITED

Edited by johnno

Getting close people :yahoo:

Just to clarify to be eligible for the prizes you must be a FISHRAIDER member and you must register prior to fishing.If you have someone coming along that wants to be in the running for the prizes I would urge them to join up straight away

Registration will be manned from 5am and Donna will be there all day for the late starters, she will also be on hand at the registration area armed with a brag mat to measure the contenders, when your fish is measured it will be noted on the mat with a sticker with your details. Fishing will cease at 1pm for presentations and lunch.

After some consideration it has been decided that the lure pack donated by watto's will be awarded to the runner up fish rather that the biggest lure caught fish as it impossible to ascertain whether the fish is caught on lure or bait and this way we eliminate any grey areas.

Weather is looking good, don't forget the sunscreen and the fishing is looking equally good, I think this justmay be the biggest and bestest yet

also a big thanks to Adam (ASSASIN) who turned out to live just 500m from me for the ride on his boat.

I'm getting very very excited :thumbup:

Edited by robthefisherman

Just a note regarding the weather on Sunday...BOM are forecasting temperatures of

36 in the city and 41 out west..so it's going to be a scorcher.

Make sure you wear a hat (preferably a Fishraider hat) and take sunscreen and plenty of water.

Winds predicted are very mild with Seabreeze forecasting 12-15 Knot NNE up until fishing

ends at 1pm.

It's going to a HUGE event and will me memorable not only for the Kingies caught, but

meeting members who's posts you have read over the past years.

Can't wait for it to begin.

See you all there.

Pete.

Greetings all,

After a VERY painful 12 months without my precious boat (details when I get the shit off my liver) I am BACK BABY!!!!

I want to be involved in the social but my first question is can I get my reborn Black Pig somewhere to moor at the registration point. It is 35 feet and I cannot beach it.

Likewise, when it comes to weigh in, etc how do I achieve the boat parking thing?

Cheers

Pete