Some More Crazy Conditions

Guest Aron

I'v seen photos similar to these some time ago & been assured they are real , they certainly look it.

Just courious about no 0913. The guys on the top are about to get covered , strange place to be in that situation but the main thing there is no wake or prop turblance off the back of the boat ?????.

Would be interested to know why

Geoff

I'v seen photos similar to these some time ago & been assured they are real , they certainly look it.

Just courious about no 0913. The guys on the top are about to get covered , strange place to be in that situation but the main thing there is no wake or prop turblance off the back of the boat ?????.

Would be interested to know why

Geoff

They temporarily backed off the throttles to avoid hitting the wave too fast. Too much power applied will “launch” the boat skyward. Too little will result in being tossed backward bow over stern. Notice the faint diesel smoke as they were just throttling back up.

The boats have dual sets of controls, but the crews prefer the top deck because they have very limited visibility when inside the cabin.

Some of those pics do look photo shopped... But some definitelty look real! How confusing...

Flattieman.

I can assure you that none of the images are composites. The only Photoshop work is color/contrast/sharpening adjustments. These are the actual conditions that these guys work with on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Marc Kurth

Edited by crazedfisherdude

Marc nice of you to come and say HI

They are some really good photos along with your others

Thank you so much for the welcome and kind words. A friend told me about this site and after poking around, I decided that you folks seemed to be very friendly - so I jumped in!

I'll have to see if I can dig up some photos of my "brag" catches for that section of this site. I'm in the central coast of California.

Cheers.

Marc

Thanks for clearing that up, Marc.

Flattieman.

I appreciate the comment!

I often end up shooting through fog and mist with very long lenses which can give the images a very fake look. I don't have the Photoshop skills to do a fake job, so I'll just keep shooting the best I can!

Best,

Marc

Edited by Marc Kurth

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very insane stuff... There is a video of those guys and those very special boats (self righting, high powered etc) but even so I wouldn't like to try it !!! And they have lost a crewman or two !!! The video is worth watching..

Cheers

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...